29

Nathan's POV

Glancing down at the beautiful girl in front of me, I felt like my life was somewhat.. complete. My arms were wrapped tightly around her as she leaned her head on my chest. I didn't think I'll ever get used to that, no matter what. She stirred slightly and I held my breath as she opened her beautiful brown eyes.

"Hey."

"Hi sleepyhead."

She smiled and closed her eyes yawning loudly.

"So. What do you want to do today?" Sienna asked and I sighed.

"I have work." I frowned and she nodded stretching.

"I'm off to wake up the twins."

"No, just a few more minutes." I murmured and Sienna kissed me on the nose.

"Give me one minute." She disappeared off to the bathroom and then I watched her leave our bedroom.

The minute started to feel like hours and I hesitatingly got out of bed. Walking to the nursery I almost instantly spotted Sienna holding Tyler in her arms. I also noticed that the huge white t-shirt she wore was mine. It hung seriously low and I wanted to laugh at the difference in our builds. She was short and petite and I.. I really wasn't. I must've actually started to laugh because Sienna's head shot to mine and she smiled.

"He's awake but then he's falling right back to sleep. The little guy just can't make up his mind." Sienna explained rubbing little circles on Ty's small back. She looked perfect staring down at our son and it was too mesmerising to not snap a photo.

"Hey!" Sienna's eyes shot to mine as the click of the photo.

"What? I haven't done a thing." I said smirking and she rolled her eyes playfully.

Twenty minutes later Nina was up too and both toddlers were stumbling around in the kitchen. We had a simple breakfast and then propped each child in a high chair and fed them.

"What do you think about a daycare?" Sienna questioned suddenly and I shrugged. "I don't know. Why are you bringing that up?" I questioned and Sienna shrugged. "Both of us are busy sometimes and I don't know.. I think it'll be more helpful if we put them in a daycare." I nodded almost feeling scared at the thought. The idea of random strangers around my kids made me want to shut down Sienna's idea completely. But she was right. We both work and there's no way either of us can manage, especially without Hailey and Scott anymore.

We haven't heard from them in ages and Sienna thinks that they probably aren't planning to come back anytime soon. It's almost as if she's preparing herself for the news that their never, ever coming back.

"Nate? Are you okay?" Sienna questioned and I nodded feeding Nina another spoon.

"Just thinking about things." She nodded and Nina whacked her hand against the spoon, sending it almost flying. "Ah, ah, ah, No." I said and Nina smiled at me like I just rewarded her. I carefully watched her arm as I held up the next spoon and just when I thought she was about to open her mouth her hand got out again. The food on the spoon narrowly missing my head.

"No! Stop that Nina." I grumbled and a frown made its way onto her little face.

"No, no, no. Don't cry." I instantly said but I quickly realised it was too late as her mouth opened and her wails filled the room I picked her up and patted her back softly.

"Hey, princess don't cry." Sienna's head shifted to mine and she rolled her eyes.

"What!" I defended and she chuckled.

"You can't do that. It's what she wants. You have to put her back in the chair." She put down Tyler's bowl and walked over to me.

"No way. Can't you hear Si? She's crying." I announced but Sienna shook her head.

"Come on look." Sienna silently took Nina and put her back in her chair. She stopped crying a confused look on her face and Sienna held up the spoon. She did small train noises and the spoon went on with ease.

"It doesn't work all the time but it's better than yelling no at her." She said.

"Thanks. How did you learn all this? Is it like a book that gets handed to you when you just give birth?" I questioned and Sienna chuckled her musical laugh filling the room.

"I wish it was that easy! I still get things wrong. Nobody's perfect." She replied and I silently wrapped my arms round her small waist.

"You're perfect to me."