Thirty

I really don't want to have to give this warning, but I'm going to anyways. 

There is some slightly graphic content in this. I don't consider it graphic, because it is a natural part of life, but I know someone is going to comment and say "ewwwww I don't want to hear about this whyyyyyy gross. This is too icky for my brain to handle I'm never reading again, I'm offended." Y'all. It's a period. Most female bodies have one. Chillax. They suck, but be mature about it lol 

Anywho, this is more of a filler chapter, but it does have character/relationship development in it. But of course, both Dominic and Cara cross the line in it once or twice, because guess what. They are human (eh, more or less) and they're very different people thrown together in a relationship. 

I'm sorry I'm ranting. Just read the chapter, you'll see :) 

Love you, guys! 

Chapter Thirty

Dominic decided that he didn't want to hear about the new information I got from Nina. He insisted that we have a lazy night in and stuff our faces with pizza.

And who was I to argue with that logic?

I crawled into bed beside him with a plate of different types of pizza as well as a large glob of ranch to dip them in. Dominic had already ripped through half a pizza by himself by the time I was content with the amount on my plate. "Are you okay with what I decided for Scott?" I asked Dom when I'd finished my first piece. Realistically, I knew the answer was no. Dominic wanted something much harsher, but he was letting his feelings for me cloud his judgement. Anything he wanted would have been cruel for even Scott.

"I'm okay if you're okay." The answer was unexpected, but it did calm me a little. Yes, I had my problems with Dominic and I had my own problems period, but I didn't want us to disagree and argue about everything. I did seek his approval on some things. "Are you?"

I gave a light, unsure smile. "I'm not sure if I am yet. I'm just glad to be away from that horrible hearing and all those people looking at me. I'd rather be here and watch old reruns with you."

Dominic nodded in agreement, turning on his television and flicking to Netflix. "Parks and Recreation?" he offered.

At least there were a few things we could agree on.

~ ~ ~

I fell asleep first, but was awakened when Dominic shut the TV off and removed the plates from the bed. Slightly miffed at having been woken up, I rolled so my back was to him. Dominic made a light chuckle, a warm sound that sounded endearing and made my stomach flutter a little, and shifted into the blankets behind me.

When his arms circled around my waist, I decided that I didn't want to fight his cozy embrace tonight. All I wanted was for life to slow down and start making sense again. And being snuggled up against Dominic's heated, bare chest, his lips pressing into my hair and temple repeatedly, I felt for a moment... it was possible.

Until the next morning.

Instead of waking up to either Dominic moving or the sun lighting up the room, I woke to a familiar, deep pain in my lower stomach. It took me a second to realize what it meant, as the sleepy fog lingered in my mind. At first, I thought "it couldn't be, it isn't that time," but as I did the math, I realized that it was indeed that time. Peeling my eyes open, I glanced back at Dominic.

He had laced his legs through mine at some point, with one arm draped protectively over my midsection while the other was curled to support his head as he slept. How lucky to never have to wake up to period cramps.