30: Secret Missions

"Don't forget about it okay?" Her mom said from the other line making her absentmindedly nod, forgetting that she can't see her

"Okay Eomma," she replied, taking a slice of pancake into her mouth. "Friday evening right?"

"Yes sweetie, I'll send Ahjussi to bring your dress," her mother added, talking about their trusted chauffeur. "I need to go now, try to talk to your brother about it okay? I already told him."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye Wangbi," the lady bid before ending the call. She put her phone back in her bag and resumed eating breakfast as she heard footsteps echoing from the living room. Jackson entered the kitchen seconds after, directly sauntering towards the fridge.

"You're up early," he commented.

"I'm helping with the preparations for the Closing Ceremony," she answered.

It was an event to end this year's Intercollegiate Games, though some games haven't officially finished yet, majority already concluded with a set of winners. The schools had to resume the regular classes too or else it would be hard to catch up. The said event will be hosted by their school ㅡ which is a first ㅡ so they're really preparing for it.

"I'll be there," this caught her off guard, causing her to look up to her brother in shock. "Why wouldn't I? My sister won," he said with a smile.

Lisa hurriedly looked down to her plate as she felt tears forming in her eyes. It felt like years since she had a decent conversation with him. "Yes, you better be there," she breathlessly replied.

She felt him pat the top of her head, "you're my sister Liz, no one can stop me from caring, even you."

A tear finally escaped which she immediately wiped with her hand, "I'm sorry for only thinking about myself and not yours."

"Maybe I was just jealous of you two." Her head snapped up again as she found her brother with a forced smile gracing his lips. "You and that kid were able to fight against anything ㅡ anyone ㅡ to be together. That's something your Oppa can never do," he raked his hand through his blonde locks and turned to leave.

"Oppa," she called out stopping Jackson, but he still didn't turn to face her. "It's not too late to try."

He finally glanced back at her with a smirk, "about that Charity Gala eomma was talking about," he suddenly brought up, changing the topic. "Stay here, I'll go instead," he uttered with a commanding voice ㅡ like she had no choice but to obey.

She frowned, "why decide so suddenly?"

"It's not the usual event you're used to. Instead of business moguls and entrepreneurs, the event will be full of politicians and government officials. You'll feel uncomfortable for sure, I'll go." He didn't let her answer anymore and just left, leaving Lisa in a confused state.