~PART II~ (Chapter 24)

A/N: This is pretty much the second half of the whole book. Loads of trigger warnings, dark events including the subject of death, and plot changes in this chapter. Enjoy 😬😢 (I'm sorry)

Narrator's POV

"That was amazing," Camila whispered as she was held in Giorgio's arms, eyes closed and melting into his warm body.

"Did I wear you out?" he chuckled, kissing her forehead and staring back with loving eyes.

"Pretty much," she blushed, trying to calm down her breathing. "I guess I'm more 'fragile' seven months pregnant."

"But still as beautiful as ever. Maybe even more," he whispered kindly. Camila only chuckled quietly. "I love when you're pregnant," he continued, gazing at his wife and raking his hand through her dark locks. "Seeing you carry a child we created out of pure love is the most beautiful thing in this world." Camila's eyes opened at his words that shocked her.

"...Yeah," she breathed, not bothering to ruin a good moment by letting Giorgio know the child wasn't actually his.

The husband smiled wider and kissed Camila's lips, "Get some more rest. I love you."

She let her eyes close again, "Goodnight, love you too."

Giorgio lay beside his wife, cradling her while he too fell into a deep sleep. Hours passed into the early morning around 4:30 am when the man started awakening from chest discomfort. He slowly sat up in the bed, checking on Camila who was still sound asleep. After kissing the inside of his hand and putting it to his wife's exposed round stomach, he began to move out of the bed sheets.

Camila's eyes slowly opened, "Where you going?" she whispered.

"To get some water," he answered in a hushed tone. "I'll be right back."

"Hurry. I don't want to be cold," she faintly smiled and watched with hooded eyelids as her husband kissed her once more and slipped on some bottoms before leaving the room.

Giorgio walked down the long hallway with his hand pressed against his chest, feeling more heavy pressure. He quickly hurried down to the kitchen where he fetched a small glass of water but only sipped due to the overwhelming discomfort.

"Ow, fuck," he winced, suddenly feeling sharp pain in his arm. He squeezed his weakening muscles as his heart rate increased incredibly fast. His agony caused him to drop down to his knees onto the kitchen floor, collapsing onto his back. He panted and gasped for air but the fluid was filling his lungs too much while the blood flow in his artery has been blocked. His heart was giving out and it wouldn't be too much longer until it stopped completely.

Giorgio was losing oxygen and time was running out quickly. But no one was around to find him and call for an ambulance. Minutes went by and he was slowly dying. Meanwhile Camila fell fast asleep unbeknownst that her husband was struggling to survive.

And after another fifteen minutes with no treatment... Giorgio Cabello's heart gave out and he took his last breath.

***

It was all a blur to Camila when she was woken up by her screaming maids and cook. Gloria, Tanya, and Annie were petrified upon finding Giorgio lying on the kitchen floor. Of course they tried to wake him up but only to find that he had no pulse. And once Camila saw her husband dead on the floor, well, a breakdown was an understatement.

The ambulance was already on its way and Nelson was instructed to drive the children to one of the family friends homes as soon as they awakened. When the three saw their father on a stretcher, they begged their mother to tell them what's happened. But Camila was too devastated and hysterical to speak to anyone. All she did was hold her youngest son in her arms for what seemed like hours, crying with him about their loss. And when she done, she hugged young Giorgio and Gianna for just as long, sobbing until they could no more.