Chapter 8

Edward Elric flipped yet another page. It was the third day that he sat reading the books from the library.
Killua flicked his yoyo down, then brought it back up with a twist of the wrist, "I'm sure you must've found something by now."
Alphonse dusted off a cover of one, "Some we have to decipher codes for," he patted the book again, "Not everything is in plain Japanese."
Killua rolled his eyes, "I know you guys don't want to help me get a philosopher's stone, but couldn't you at least try to find an alternative?"
Ed blew his hair out of his face, and glared, "If there was one, I'd tell you."
"I don't think so~," Killua sang, he cleared his throat, "I mean, I'm on the run, I can't waste time."
"We know you have to figure out a way to protect your sister."
The white-haired boy grinned, "I just thought of something."
Alphonse glanced from behind a shelf, "And?"
"Well," the yoyo dropped, "Maybe we can help each other out," it came back up, "My sister has a cool ability, like I mentioned before..."
Edward shut the old ledger he held, "What of it?"
I'm going to have to tell them to get what I want, "She'll do anything I ask her," If it would help people.
"That's it?"
"You and your Hunter people never meet my expectations," Edward shook his head.
Killua sighed, slouching a bit, "It's a nen ability, shorty."
Ed's eyebrow twitched.
If I can bring my sister here and keep her here until I deal with things back home...
"So whaddya say?" Killua grinned.
************
It's hard to convince the shorty, his brother is fine though, Killua looked down on Ed as they walked around Central.
All this patrolling was getting to be boring.
"You just thought I was..." Edward struggled with the word as he turned to face his arch nemesis, "below average height, didn't you..."
Killua narrowed his eyes, "What if I did? Bakaaaa!~"
"Guys, guys!" Alphonse interrupted, "Fighting won't do any good."
"Fine, Fine," Killua put his hands up, "So are we going to find those homunculus or what?"
Ed shook his head, "We need to find out more information on them before we can take any action."
Killua yawned, "Boring," he looked at Al for a second, then said what needed to be said, "I think we need to get my sister."
"We?" Ed scoffed.
"Why?" Al's voice rung, they had stopped walking again.
Killua adjusted his backpack, he had planned for this to happen today, "Because she needs to be protected."
"So we're going to be hiding a fugitive," Edward dead-panned.
"No," Killua sighed, "I'm more like the fugitive, she'd be like a refugee."
Alphonse looked down to his brother, then shrugged his shoulders, "Why not?"
Ed looked back. Suddenly he grabbed his hair, and let out a frustrated yell. He then straightened his coat, going back to his usual self, having being finished with his little episode he agreed, "Okay, fine."
"Let's go then!" Killua headed toward the train station, running a bit.
"Hey wait!" Ed shouted, the brothers ran after him, unable to catch up.
"You didn't even tell us where she is!" Alphonse increased his pace, meanwhile, Killua had turned around and was now running backwards.
"She's at my friends house!" Killua grinned.
How is he keeping the same pace even now!? Edward thought, panting slightly.
*****
"It's convenient how you already had tickets," Edward said, looking out the window, he had crossed his arms.
"Ya," Killua smirked, "I borrowed your money."
Ed whipped his head to face Killua, "Borrowed?! More like stole!"
"Nii-san! Quiet down," Al raised his hands, glancing around at the people who were beginning to glare.
"I'll pay you back," Killua shrugged, "I'll just buy you stuff in Yorkshin, since there's no value to either of our currencies in either places."
"Hmph," Edward slouched back.
"Wait, Yorkshin?"
"You've heard of it, Al?" Killua sat straighter.
He nodded, "Ya, it's on the Hunter Islands, although there was only one book on them."
Must've not had anything on my family, if Ed and Al knew that they were Infamous, they might not help me, Killua swallowed, "Was there anything else? What year was it dated?"
Edward sat straighter, furrowing his eyebrows, "Why would you care? It was only twenty pages."
"Oh, I see," Killua put his hands in his pockets, "Just 'cause there's... a lot of cool stuff in my lands."
"Ya?" Alphonse seemed to glow with interest now.
"Ya!" Killua smiles widely, "Heaven's arena's my favourite place..."
As Killua kept on talking, Edward couldn't help but have the feeling that he was hiding something. Edward continued to watch him, not really paying any attention to what crap he was spewing. Unfortunately, Alphonse was completely fooled.
"So you just fight people and you get money!" Alphonse was on the edge of his seat, "How many floors then?!"
Killua held up a finger, grinning, "Well, there's 251–."
"—Woaww!"
Ed just rolled his eyes, that's only a little cool.
^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^

Hello!!!
Sorry for the realllyyy late update, I've been busy with work but I finally have a couple days off! Yay! Let's see how that goes LOL
You must know by now that I may try to post chapters within a few days but then don't... and for that I apologize!
have a great holiday weekend!
Thanks for reading!
-mycatWalter