Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)

The day was slow and busy,Malik entered the elevator to the 5th floor and made his way to Mr Hisham's office. Mr Hisham is the head project coordinator of the company,an elderly humble man who happened to be Malik's mentor and also his boss. He wanted to present Mrs Philips' application letter and further discuss on the next line of action to be taken as for her replacement in the team who will be travelling to Vegas. Malik greeted with Mr Hisham's PA before pushing the door gently making his way into the gigantic office. Eventhough Malik's office was big,it still couldn't be compared to Mr Hisham's office. He spotted the elderly man seated in one of the sofas at the far end of the room with his focus directly on the laptop  in front of him which was placed on the center table that was encircled by small chairs similar to the sofa Mr Hisham was sitting in.
The elderly man looked up and his face immidiately broke with a smile seeing it's Malik.
"Come on Malik,have a seat son".

He motioned to one of the chairs as Malik sat in the chair across from him.

"Good day sir. I came to talk about Mrs Phillips' issue as i briefed you earlier,she had written an application requesting to take some time off as well as informing that she can't make it to Vegas with the team".

Malik said handing over the written application with other important documents required to Mr Hisham. Mr Hisham adjusted his glasses and started to look at the papers given to him by Malik. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Considering the reasons she won't be able to make it to Vegas with the team,she will be given a one week break after which she will report back  to work. I will sign her a temporary leaving form. But we need to find someone eligible to replace her as wr have already made arrangements for a specific number of people no more no less."
Malik's mind began to wander through the list of his colleagues to think of the eligible person to take Mrs Phillips' place but all he could think of was her,it's just too much on him now how she occupies a portion of his mind now.
"Any suggestions Malik?"

Mr Hisham questioned bringing back Malik from his reverie. He shaked off her thoughts and responded Mr Hisham whose eyes were directly fixed on him.

"I don't have anyone in mind now,but i will discuss with the team so that we can find a replacement as soon as possible".

"Okay then,you can brief me on the outcome of the meeting when you're done."

"In shaa Allah sir, thank you".

The two men shook hands and Malik headed back to his office.

***********************
"Make a memo and inform the Vegas team that there'll be a meeting in an hour".
He spoke to her trying to look anywhere but her direction.

"Yes sir. On it".
She responded as she watched him pushed the door to his office gently making his way in.
She has seen how he had been trying to avoid looking at her. Anything that'll make him make an eye contact with her,he avoided it. She finds it just too cute how he tries to avoid her eyes all the time and for some stupid reason,it made her like him more,or may be love him. She still can't tell what this is all about,is it admiration,attraction,infatuation, a crush or purely love or may be an obsession ? But whatever this is,it's strong and it's getting the best of her and the worst part is she is certain that if she has indeed fallen for Malik as more than half of her mind tells her right now,then she is on a long thing and he would be certainly not there to catch her. She'll be on her own. Pitying her stupid heart,she gave a deep sigh and proceeded to work.

An hour later,Malik came out of his office to attend the team meeting. He notified Amal that this time, she can stay back in her office and not come with him to the meeting as it is not a management meeting,rather their team meeting. With a nod of her head she answered him,she knew he would be travelling to Vegas with some colleagues in a few days as he had been busy making arrangements for their trip. One thing she feels worried about is how she's going to cope with not seeing him around for the span of time he would be away.