16. Ready To Tell*

Edited*

It was Tuesday morning. Liam and Zayn stayed with Tomlinson's last night. Styles' left the house around midnight with Anne promising to come over the next day.

Liam was getting Louis ready for school when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Zayn said and walked up to the door. When he opened the door, Anne was there with her usual kind smile.

"Ah, good morning , Anne. Come in" Zayn said opening the door wider for her.

"Thanks love. And, good morning to you too." Anne continued. "Where's Jay?" She questioned.

"She's still asleep since Liam promised to get Lou ready." Zayn mumbled. His face fell at the mention of Jay's name. This shouldn't have happened to her. Why does everything bad happen to good people?

"As I expected. Anyways, don't be sad. We will work this through." Anne said patting Zayn's back for comfort. Zayn nodded.

"I would go up there to meet her then?" Anne asked.

"Yeah, sure." Zayn said smiling at her. Anne nodded and made her way up the stairs. She heard Louis scream when she passed his room. She walked into his room to see if Liam needed any help. They were practically a one big family now. Anne had no doubt about that. 

When she went in Liam was trying to get Louis to wear something. But he was refusing to even go near a cloth.

"Louis, please. We need to go school. We are gonna be late." Liam begged. He knew that it is one of those moments where Louis didn't want any touch on him but he is also late and he has a class to get to.

"Hello, Liam. Good morning." Anne said with a smile.

"Hey, Anne. Good morning." Liam smiled back.

"Good morning, Louis. Aren't you gonna go school? I think you're gonna be late, babe." Anne said in a soothing voice.

"N-Nuh uh." He said shaking his head. Anne chuckled.

"But babe, don't you think it's important to go school. You get to learn all these new stuff. And I think Liam is gonna start a new Math lesson today." Anne tried to convince the boy. 

Louis' face lit up at the mention of Maths. He just loved the subject so much and it's kinda funny how you can do a few tricks with numbers and turn it into a complete different number. Louis found himself nodding and his no touches problem is long gone and he basically ran to Liam.

"Uhh" He said gesturing to the clothes in Liam's hand. Liam went to dress him up but Louis took it from Liam and started getting ready by himself. Liam watched him shocked. There is no way this boy changing his routine and doing something by himself. Liam don't know what happened but it made him happy.

"Thanks, Anne. Where's Haz?" Liam asked.

"No problem at all, love. And he's at work today. He rescheduled few meetings he had yesterday. But he said that he'd come here when finished." Anne explained.

"Oh, okay." Liam nodded.

"I'm gonna go check on Jay. See you in the afternoon. Don't worry, I would keep her company." Anne reassured Liam when his face fell just like Zayn's at the mention of Jay.

"Okay, see you in the afternoon, Anne." Liam said with a thankful smile.

"Bye, Lou." Anne waved at Louis and he shyly waved back. Anne chuckled and left the room. She knocked on Jay's door.

"Come in." She heard Jay say, barely audibly. She smiled and walked in. Jay was sitting on her bed with her nightgown on and sent Anne a small smile when she entered.