twenty-three

I like to sing and eat ramen noodles hi

you are very pretty, you know that? if you're having a bad day, just remember, at least your not ryan seacrest who tried to high five a blind guy

okay I love you berry berry much and in appreciation of you my dear reader I must say I wouldn't be here without YOU and without YOU I'd be stuck at 1k reads and holy god how did I get 700k

my girl calie (aka xxloserRusxx) who sits next to me in geometry (hi calie how u is) has an ashton fic called black and white (it's rly cool about how people see black and white until they make eye contact with their soulmate) god dang and she's so sweet and funny and I cry in class with her bc perfect and she's an ashton girl go fan her and read black and white okay okay okay

ALSO I get lots of comparisons to tfios and after and like I haven't read tfios (though I own it I'm just rly lazy) and I literally just finished after and began after 2 like jesus I feel like my brains exploding what was I talking about

what'd the ghost say to the insect? "boo-bee!" creds to Jordan aka @queen_hemmings_ on twitter for that it was rly bad omfg

»

As she put the final dish in the dishwasher, Emma turned to her mum. Ms. King was stirring some spices into a pot, humming under her breath. Em closed the dishwasher and started it, moving to sit on the island bar stool and lean on her elbows. She smiled at her mother.

"I was thinking," Emma started, chewing on the side of her cheek, "and I know you'd like the idea. Could Luke possibly come for dinner tomorrow night? So you can meet him - I mean, properly."

Robin beamed at her daughter. "Of course, I'd love him to come! He's a nice boy and you've been so happy for the last couple of weeks," she said, covering the pot. "What does he like to eat?" Emma tried to hide her smile but failed miserably.

"I think he likes-"

"Who likes what?" Nicole asked as she frolicked into the kitchen. Emma hid behind her hair in shyness, taking a tater tot off the pan her mum just pulled out of the oven. "Is it Emma's boyfriend?"

Emma groaned, laying her head on her arm on the island. "He's not my boyfriend," she said, and kicked the wood for emphasis. "He is coming for dinner tomorrow, though, so you two have to behave."

Her mum chuckled, eating a tater tot of her own. "I'm forty-three, I think I can control myself. On the other hand, you might have to smack Nic around," she suggested and Em looked up deviously. Nicole shrieked and ran away, her sister chasing after her.

»

It seemed as if the next day was going by excruciatingly slowly. Emma had gotten a run into her morning routine for the first time since school ended, happy to finally taking control of her health once more. It'd been nothing but Pringles and Starbursts (plus a bit of everything else) since then and she felt like a blob. So to try to one, ease her nerves of having Luke endure the childhood stories that were to come, and two, burn off the tater tots.

She was extremely nervous. First off, this was the first time she'd brought home a boy for her mum to meet. Nicole and Ms. King were going to grill him so bad, asking him every question. He was going to get the third degree awfully. Then secondly, Luke said he had a surprise for Em.

After a shower and trying to pick out an acceptable outfit to see him in, she ended up in a pink tank top with a small tie at the bottom, bringing the end up just a tad to make it rise up her stomach. Then some light wash skinny jeans with rips on the knees, and she wasn't sure how they got there. She just went barefoot because it was her house, after all. Nervous butterflies filled her tummy, biting her lip as she played 2048 on her phone. It seemed like days went by before the doorbell finally rang.

She bolted, wanting to answer the door before her mum, but it seemed her mum had the same idea. Ms. King was at the front door in seconds, a bright smile on her face. Emma was hardly down the stairs and tripping over the slippery rug before landing behind her mother, out of breath.

Immediately a goofy grin spread across her lips. Luke'd dyed his hair blonde, bringing out the blue in his eyes to contrast against the pale skin and light hair. Emma's mum smiled up at him. "Hello, Luke," she gushed, moving aside so that he could step into the house. Em took a step back, allowing them room to situate himself. "You can take off your shoes there." He nodded and kicked off his Vans, revealing, you guessed it, black socks.

"Thank you for having me tonight, Ms. King," he fidgeted under their gazes. Emma looked at him happily, reaching over and entwining their fingers, a gesture that didn't go unnoticed by her mum. He physically relaxed, stepping closer to her instinctively, looking at her mother like it hadn't just happened. "It smells good, and you have a beautiful home."

Emma could tell her mum already loved him by the way her eyes crinkled at the sides as she waved him off. "Oh, you call me Robin, alright? Thank you, honey. You're getting me all flustered," she smiled, something her daughter hoped she'd be doing a lot of tonight. "Now scurry. Dinner's not ready yet and I've yet to set the table."

Luke was obviously comfortable already, liking the sweet motherly feel he was getting from Robin already, something he neglected and took advantage of when he was living with his mum. Em dragged him away from the door as soon as her mother was out of sight, taking him to her room as fast as possible to avoid confrontation with Nicole.

Luckily, they managed to get to her room safely without running into the wild sister, so she closed the door behind them and turned to him. "Nice posters," he smirked as he looked at the various celebrities (mostly Bieber) on her walls, making her blush. She decided to ignore that remark.

"Your hair looks so good," Em said, walking over and stepping onto her tippy toes to play with the light strands. "I know I said I liked the blue better, but that was before I saw this, okay. I definitely like this the best, now no more!" Luke took her wrists in his long fingers and smiled down at her.

He looked at her door and back at her, meeting her eyes comfortingly. "We have some time to kill," Luke murmured, pushing her gently onto the bed with him. Her heart began to pound out of her chest, falling onto the bed next to her confidence. "Do you want to have your first make-out session?"

Em's cheeks darkened ferociously as she stared at him in awe. Luke bit at his bottom lip, smiling knowingly at her. She swallowed shakily before stammering out a reply. "I- I guess . . ." He raised an eyebrow, tongue poking out to wet his dry lips.

"If you don't want to," he started, "tell me. I want to so bad, I have since I saw you. But if you aren't ready-"

She cut him off by connecting their lips, wanting really for him to shut up so he didn't embarrass her more. He placed a hand on her cheek and leaned into her, pushing her slightly onto the bed, both of their legs dangling off the side. Luke kissed her softly at first, holding himself up with one hand and the other pressed in her cheek still. Her hands found themselves on his chest, grasping the collar of his t-shirt. Em's eyebrows furrowed when his tongue began pushing against her lips.

"Emma," he mumbled, reaching down to move her hands, not once opening his eyes, "you need to not choke me." She felt her cheeks heat despite her not saying a word, and opened her mouth when his free hand moved down to grip her bum, gasping. She opened her eyes only to close them again.

His tongue massaged against hers and she realized she didn't hate it, at all. Actually, she found herself doing it back. It was a bit messy and sloppy at first just because she had hardly a clue as to what she was doing, but as time went by - only a few minutes that felt like decades - she grew comfortable with it. Luke sucked on her bottom lip and had to tell himself not to get too carried away with it, as he could do so many things to her at that moment.

"Fuck," he groaned, literally on top of her now. His hands were holding himself up to hover and tangled in her curled hair, feeling the long brown mess in his fingers. "You're way too good at that to have never kissed before."

Emma felt her stomach fluttering and her heart rate slowing, licking her lips and tasting the mint gum he must've been chewing. He pulled away, his eyes opening to meet hers. They looked at each other before she started giggling - giggling - underneath him. "That was fun," she breathed, still laughing, making him slide off and watch her, an amused expression on his face. "What are you looking at?"

"You're a cutie."