Isaac; Homesick

don't forget to vote and leave a comment x

***

i sat alone in my apartment; it was dark, cold and felt empty- even though it was fully furnished with everything i had purchased to make this space feel as good as home; it didn't work though.

i inhaled deeply as my eyes gazed over the city; the tall buildings, bright lights and busy streets. new york is definitely the city that never sleeps. i adored it, i really did, but there was not a minute that passed by when i didn't miss beacon hills. after all, it was my home; it will forever be my home.

i heard shuffling at the front door and it opened. my roommate, kelly walked in, her eyes widening at the sight of me sitting by the window.
it was almost 4am and usually i would be asleep at this hour, but tonight, even after hours of trying, i couldn't bring myself to close my eyes and rest.

"didn't expect you to be up." she brought her hand up to her chest; i startled her.

i smiled at her, "yeah i can't fall asleep, i don't know why." i told her truthfully. before i knew it, she was next to me with her arms wrapped around me.

"missing home, huh?" she leaned her head against mine as we both looked at the buildings and lights ahead.

"yeah, i guess." i sighed. she sat up straight again rather quickly.

"hey, why don't you just go back home for the weekend? i mean, you haven't been in beacon hills for over six months... it won't hurt to visit even for a little while." she said. "fly back on monday. i'm sure missing one or two classes won't ruin your college career."

i remained quiet. of course i wanted to go back and see my family, my friends- heck! even my bedroom, i missed it so much. but i didn't think that going back would make me feel that much better.
whether i was here in new york or back home in beacon hills, i would still feel this emptiness. and that's because isaac wouldn't be there.

isaac had left for france four months before i left to come to new york. that's ten whole months since we've seen each other; ten months since we broke things off.
isaac had begged for us to give the whole 'long distance relationship' thing a chance, but i refused. i knew that it wouldn't work out; it never does!

video calls were not enough, i wanted to be able to hold him in my arms, and if i couldn't, then what was the point?

"hello, earth to y/n." kelly waved her hand in front of my eyes. i pulled myself back out of my pool of deep thoughts. "what are you thinking?"

"nothing, it's just- i don't think going back would make me feel that much better." i shrugged my shoulders. she furrowed her eyebrows.

"wait," she shifted into a different seating position, "is this about that boyfriend of yours? the french one?" she asked.

i giggled, "he's not french; isaac is very much american. he just moved to france with a friend."

"oh whatever! come on y/n! you're homesick, you have to go back to beacon hills. please do, i can't watch you be depressed all the damn time." she laughed a little and slapped my arm lightly.

i averted my eyes from the city, "okay."

***

"scott!" i almost cried; seeing my older brother again after six months filled me with joy.

"y/n!" he smiled, his arms opening wide to welcome me into a tight embrace, "you still look like a fourteen year old."

"shut up!" i laughed as i gave him a little push backwards. "where's mom?" i asked him while looking around in the hopes of seeing her.