26 - Stupid Emotions

I was munching on my fourth slice of pizza when I heard James say something, but I was too preoccupied with past events to comprehend his words properly.

"Sorry?"

I inquired, my gaze now fixed on him. We were gathered around the kitchen counter, where I discovered several boxes of pizza and praised God in delight. I was extremely hungry. I am not sure what exactly was going on in the foyer between Cole and Ryan currently, but since I haven't picked up any sound of breaking or screaming, they must have settled to glaring at each other or someone had surely walked out.

"I said you devour like a pig."

James explained, his red lips forming a smirk. I didn't bother responding, mainly because he was right and second, why should I entertain him? When I am hungry, I do eat like a pig. And who's going to stand in my way? No one. Besides, a teenager has to have enough stamina to deal with all these old hags who have little brain cells. All they know is how to engage in warfare.

"So, who are you going to pick? Cole or Ryan?"

Doesn't this moron have something better to do? Sighing in exhaustion, I glanced back, hoping for some assistance from Adrian. However, he was nodding off silently, his head rolling back on its own. He is probably worn out as well with all the dramas.

"Adrian?"

I tapped him on the shoulder, yet he didn't respond.

"Adrian."

I called a little louder this time, and he sprang out of his seat with wide eyes.

"What? Is there any problem?"

He was anxiously glancing around, presumably expecting an enraged Helena or Cole and Ryan coated with each other's blood. I grimaced, a tiny frown on my face.

"No. There is no problem. You were dozing off and your neck might get sprained, so go relax in your room."

He stroked the back of his neck awkwardly as he nodded slowly.

"Just call me if you need anything."

I grinned and gave him a thumbs up before he stepped out of the kitchen. I proceeded to finish the last slice when I caught James looking at me, amusingly.

"That was a clever way of avoiding my question."

I applauded with fake enthusiasm and smiled smugly at him.

"Wow, I never thought you had the brain to decipher such complicated psychology."

He laughed out loud, his fingers dancing against the icy water droplets cascading down his Pepsi can.

"Does that mean you're having trouble deciding?"

He is a 'Hopeless' creature!

"There is no need for me to make a choice when I am certain of who I want to be with."

I answered firmly, chugging some sparkling soda to wash down the greasy goodness.

"Okay, will it be Cole or Ryan?"

"Why should I tell you? You are not my father or anything."

Despite my resolve not to play by James' tactics, he was getting on my nerves.

"Dude, chill out. I am just checking to see if I might have a shot."

He is not only hopeless but also shameless. However, I was convinced that his playboy persona was a mask, since his eyes never participated in his flirtation. I glared at him in annoyance, to which he reacted with a toothy smile.