Part 27

I was having lunch with my parents who were silently looking at me.

"Please stop looking at me like that." I said in frustration and walked away to my bedroom.

I didn't want anyone to show sympathy towards me. And why would they? There was nothing to sympathize.

It was my decision to resign and to left the city which then I thought I should have did it in the beginning.

But why was everyone was showing sympathy towards me?

It was not that my life had ended or I lost my job. I could get a better job.

I had already told my mother that I wanted to marry in a few months.

She agreed to my decision and then I was going to face the embarrassment of facing suitors.

I hate it!

I hate to talk about future with some unknown who don't know a single thing about me.

It would be too awkward.

It had been a week since I left the city and residing at my parent's.

*****

Someone knocked at my door.

"Come in." I said.

"Are you ready dear? He is already here." She informed about my first suitor.

"Yeah I am ready." I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time and went with her.

He was waiting for me in the drawing room.

He stood up as soon as he saw me.

"Hey! How are you?" He asked smiling at me nervously.

"Am good. How are you?" I asked trying to give a genuine smile.

"Fine. Umm.. shall we go now?" He asked while asking me for my hand.

"Yeah." I held his hand and said goodbyes to my parents.

******

"You have totally changed. You were too slim when you were a kid." My suitor informed me.

"Thank you. If that was a compliment." I said while sipping my drink.

"Yes..of course.. I mean you are now looking like a perfect lady.. damn! We should change the topic." He said sipping his drink nervously.

Easy on him Liza..

Don't be too rude..

"It's the third time you are changing the topic."

Again..

"Yeah, maybe I am not good at talking with girls. And maybe that is the reason I am still single." He gave a sad smile.

"No.. you are doing good. Maybe I am not getting along with you. Sorry."

"Whoa! Why are you apologising? It must be awkward for you too after all this is our first meet after eighteen or nineteen years?"

"You were counting the years.. I see." I smiled and he blushed.

"Not like that but I remembered, it was my birthday and you must be around eight or nine years old. And you were not happy that day because your mother made you to put on a dress designed by her. And you were complaining it to all your friends around there and including me too." He laughed.

"Oh yes now I got it. And you told me that 'whatever your parents do for you is for your best' and I got impressed by your words." I laughed with him.