28

One Month Later

New Years Eve

Cardi

After putting on my heels and making sure that I was ready, I went into Brianna's room to see if she was finished but she was laying in her bed. "Oh my god. Brianna, what are you still doing sleeping? We going out."

She mumbled, "I'm not tryna' fuckin' go out." She said with attitude. The month that Brianna been home, somehow I've been able to convince her to take therapy because I knew that she was traumatized. She was going to therapy twice a week and I would try to take her outside so she wouldn't be home alone.

"But you already promised me that you would go though." I begged. She got up and was already wearing her outfit. I went up to her, "I don't want to force you to come out if you really don't want to, but I would love if you would."

"I do wanna go." She replied. I smiled, "Thanks boo. Let's start leaving right now."

We arrived to the club and met up with August and Chris in their vip booth. Brianna and I were both greeted with champagne and I took one and of course Brianna declined. She just sat on one of the leather seats overlooking the party.

After making sure that she was good, I went over to August and sat besides him. I twirled my straw in the glass cup. "You likin' da' party so far?" He asked me and I nodded my head. "How about you?" He shrugged his shoulders, "It's coo'."

"You not feelin' the party?" I laughed flicking his upper lip. "Mane chill." He said laughing along with me. "Nah but I said dat' because you already kno' I rather be inda' house witchu'." He told me. I sighed, "We always at home doin' nothing. It's healthy ta' go outside sometimes." I informed him. He nodded his head. "Cmon, let's go dance." I told him standing up.

He looked up at me crazy, "Aug' don't dance." He said and I smacked my lips, "I don't know how to dance either, but let's just have some fun." He got up and shook his head, "Don't say nun' when I start steppin' on ya' feet." He told me and I just shrugged him off.

Brianna

As much as I wanted to just go lay in bed, my therapist told me that it wouldn't make anything better for me to just stay home all day. But I already regretted agreeing to leave because I could feel my anxiety creeping up on me.

The smell of the alcohol made me nauseous as well as the the smell of the sweaty people that were packed in here. Me and Chris haven't had a heart to heart conversation yet, but my therapist insisted that I brought him into one of the sessions but I didn't really want to do that.

I stood up and decided to take a breather and walk outside. I stood against the wall crossing my arms. I saw Chris walking towards me, and when he finally reached me he stood besides me.

He then pulled out a blunt and lit it up. "What chu' doing out?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Hm?" - "I don't feel well." I replied. "You gonna be aight or you want me to take you home?"

"I'm fine, I'm about to go back inside." I said getting ready to walk in because it was about to hit midnight and I wanted to count down but he grabbed and pulled me back.

"Wait." He stopped me. I turned around and faced him, "What?" I asked. "You can't always run from ya' problems." He told me.

"I'm not running from my problems." - "Every time you see me, you always run off. Can you at least talk to me?"

I sighed, "Do you really think it's the right time to talk about our problems?" I asked with a confused expression on my face. "So when we gonna have time to talk?"