Chapter 20

Scarlett

Another Saturday rolls around, which means it's another day that Lucas and I have to work on our project. This time he wants to work on it at his house, instead of a public place, which wouldn't be a problem if I knew how to get there. 

The first and last time I've been to his house was for that party he had the first weekend of school. I wasn't really focused on where we were going at the time. I was more focused on being dragged out against my will with some plastics than paying attention to my surroundings, something I am completely regretting now. I made a big deal of knowing how to get to his house when he asked so I couldn't possibly ask him for directions or his sister because god knows she'd tell him I'd ask and I'd never hear the end of it from Lucas. That ass gets off on teasing me.

What probably should have only taken me 15 minutes at the most, turns into an hour of me wasting time and gas. As much as I love to explore the city, today is not the day.

I finally find Lucas' house after I remember that I sent my location to my best friend Angel just in case something happened to me at the party. It's something we've always done whenever we went out without the other one, so I did it without even thinking. After scrolling through weeks worth of banter between us, I find the address and finally head in the right direction.

Lucas' house looks even bigger than it did the first night. I know he comes from money, based on what Juliette has told me, but I never really thought about how much he comes from until now.

How could I be so stupid? He drives a freaking Maserati!

Now that I really think about it, I've never seen Lucas not wearing something name brand or even him in the same outfit twice. His signature Ray Bans have to be at least $150, 10 times more than I'm willing or able to spend on some sunglasses. The guys probably come from money too, for them to be able to pay rent for a house like that in a neighboorhood like this.

I come to the conclusion that the guys, Lucas especially, are loaded. Like filthy loaded. His college residence is a lot better than most people's actual residence, mine included. I make a mental note to google Lucas later, as I'm ringing the doorbell. If he's really filthy rich than there has to be some info on him or his family. While I'm waiting for someone to open the door, I pull my jacket closer to me. The weather has done a full 180 since our trip to the beach a few weeks ago. The trees are finally turning colors and the air is finally cool enough for me to wear jackets although today something heavier would have been a better option.

"Scarlett." Jeremiah greets me. "What's good?" He daps me up before letting me in. He leads me through the house and like the outside of the house, it looks a lot better when drunk college kids aren't hanging around everywhere. The interior is nicely decorated leading me to believe that an interior designer was called in for this job. It lacks the telltale signs of four teenage boys living together.

Jeremiah leads me down a flight of stairs, to the basement which has been converted to an elaborate looking man cave.

"Wow, this is nice," I comment taking in the room.

There's a huge flat screen mounted on the wall with surround sound speakers placed strategically around the room. A black leather sectional surrounds the TV, and there are various Boston sport teams memorabilia on the wall. Arcade style games line a wall and a fully stocked bar, unlike the makeshift one from the party, is tucked away against the back wall. A 4 in 1 game table is the centerpiece of the room. It's literally every guy's wet dreams.

"You should feel extremely lucky. We usually don't let girls come down here, but consider yourself the exception."

"Gee thanks," I mumble, sarcastically.