↳ 00. IRL

VALERIA STUMBLED OUT OF the bar with a soft drunken giggle escaping her lips and a little sway in her step as she got to the sidewalk

VALERIA STUMBLED OUT OF the bar with a soft drunken giggle escaping her lips and a little sway in her step as she got to the sidewalk. She just finished four shots of vodka and drank some whiskey. Okay, more like a lot, but that's not the point here. It wasn't the most ideal night she had in mind, but it was certainly something. Most definitely it was going to hit her all in the morning, but she wanted to celebrate getting a new job.

Though it would've been better at home with her daughter and best friend by her side, but they were both busy and Val needed to spend some time by herself. Treating yourself, if those are the correct words. But minus her slightly blurred vision, the woman pulled out her phone to check if her Uber had gotten here yet.

She was tired to say the least, and all she wanted to do was lay in bed, cry and watch some Netflix before going to sleep. Not necessarily in that order, but she wouldn't be surprised if she did. Val silently hissed at the brightness on her phone, but was glad to see that her Uber was indeed here.

She looked up from her phone, trying to find a black car that was parked near the bar and sighed out of relief when her eyes laid upon one. Val pulled her bag over her shoulder as she walked towards the car, nearly tripping over her feet when she neared it and laughed at her own clumsiness.

Valeria opened the car door without a single though and slide inside easily before shutting it. "Hi, uh-" she hiccuped and immediately excused herself as she tried to get a piece of gum from her purse. "Can you go to Willows Peak, house 18? Thanks, pal." she told the driver a little too quickly as she searched her purse for a piece of gum. "And do you happen to have gum?" she hiccuped once again, making the woman giggle drunkenly. "Sorry! I hiccup a-a lot!"

"Lady! I'm busy with a customer!" the driver yelled at Valeria, making the woman's eyes widen and turn to the person next to her. "You've gotta get out!"

"Jesus, fuck-" she swore as her hands flew to cover her mouth, leaving the man next to her trying not to laugh. "I'm sorry! Gah- I thought this was my Uber and o-obviously I was wrong... Shit! I'm a mess-"

"It's okay, honestly it is." he flashed her a kind smile before looking at the angered driver. "She can join us, Will. The more the merrier!"

"Are you sure, man? This lady can go-"

"It's an honest mistake that we'd all make."

"Whoa," Valeria gaped at the kind, and very attractive, British man next to her. "You're like- the kindest person I've ever met. Thanks, bud." she smiled at him. She was so drunk, she didn't realize that she buckled in her seat belt on the other buckle.

"No need to thank me," he shook his head with a bashful smile, his eyes flickering to the woman's belt placement and wondered if she would notice her mistake. "I'm just being a decent human being."

Valeria laughed softly, "Then you're the first one I've met."

His smile widened and gestured to her seat belt. "Ma'am, you've happened to buckle in the wrong spot."

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked down, her face flushing when she noticed her mistake. "Wow, I'm so good at this." she mumbled under her breath as she tried to unbuckle herself, but found that it became a sudden struggle for her. "What the hell-"

"Allow me," he chuckled at her drunkenness before easily unbuckling her. "There we go, easy."

"Hey," she pouted as she buckled herself into the right area. "I'm trying!"

"I never said you weren't, love."

"It was implied! I can hear it in your British accent!"

¤ ¤ ¤

"I can- I can get myself out of a car, thank you very much." Valeria grumbled as the man, that she learned was named Tom, helped her out of the car.

"You'll fall flat on your face right as you get out." Tom chuckled and moved one arm around her waist while the other was holding her arm over his shoulder. "And as amusing as that sounds, I'd hate for you to bruise your pretty face love."

She scoffed, as they walked towards her house, her keys dangling around her fingers. "You're just finding an excuse to get into my house, Thomas."

"I wouldn't do such a thing, Valeria." Tom shook his head as they approached her doorway.

"I can put my keys into my own keyhole, sir!" she snapped at him when he reached for the keys in her hands. "I know how- I know how to do that." she slurred her words as she tried to shove her key into the tiny hole.

"Are you sure-"

"Give me a minute!"

Tom did as he was told and gave the woman the space she needed, silently laughing as she failed multiple times. But he had to give it to her, she was determined to get her key in. And after a few moments, Valeria was able to put her key into her keyhole and turned the door handle, giving Ton a sly smirk.

"I told you!" she pushed opened her door and removed his arms off of her.

"I never doubted you, Val." he told her as if he was speaking to a child.

Valeria leaned against the doorway and looked behind her shoulder before sticking her tongue out at him childishly. "Go-Go drink some biscuits and eat some tea."

Tom bit his lip to hid his laughter, nodding softly. "Will do. Now it was lovely to meet you," he said as he began to back away, but watched as Val entered her home.

"I wish I could say the same thing," she giggled and turned around a little to quickly, ending up to fall back with a loud shriek. "Shit!"

"Shit!" Tom rushed forward, worry creasing his brow "Valeria, are you alright?"

"Shh!" she pressed her finger against his lips, her eyes slowly drooping.

"Hey hey, sunshine, help me guide you to your room, okay? Can you do that?" he tried to help the woman up, but she just went completely limp making him move his arms under her knees and back. "Guess not," he mumbled when he looked down at Val finding the woman half asleep.

It took him a while to navigate through Valeria's home, but he eventually found her room (that he assumes is hers) and carefully placed her on the bed. Tom began to remove her shoes and pulled the covers over her body, a small smile falling on his lips when he witnessed Val turn to his side.

Before he could leave, he decided to leave a little note on a notepad near her bed to explain how she got home and such. And before Tom could leave, he looked down at the sleeping woman and pressed a small kiss to her forehead. Then he was off, going into his Uber and off into the world left to wonder if he would ever see Valeria Aries again.

But fate had a funny way of bringing the two back together, and oh boy, only if they knew what was in store for them.

☆☆☆

i did it omg

i love this so far and i hope you guys do too!