Chapter 17

"BRRRAAAAAP!" Freddy belched.

"Excuse you!" Josie chuckled as she picked off an M&M and ate it.

"I've ever eaten anything so cinammon-y!" Alex said in surprise while staring at his cookie.

"I..." Crazy Dave then coughed and was gasping for air.

"Are you alright?!" Sunflower asked in worry. Dave then then let in a huge gulp of air and slowly exhaled.

"I'm fine," he replied. "I haven't eaten these in so long that I must've lost my immunity to their spiciness!"

"It's crazy to think you'd gain immunity at all!" Josie noted.

"Well, nothing's too crazy for Crazy Dave!" Dave said proudly with a smile.

ERT! ERT! ERT! Everyone then dropped their cookies and ran to the basement. When they got there, they were confused as to what was on the front lawn; they saw the 3 columns closest to the street covered in nothing but brown vases with question marks on them!

"What the heck are they doing there?" Alex asked.

"I'm not sure," Dave admitted. He then chucked quietly.

"Me and my buddy Harvey Flaxcaster used to break vases when we were bored," he explained. "So many good memories..."

"Well let's see what's in those vases out there," Alex commanded.

"How?" Freddy asked.

"We can break them!" Dave replied excitedly.

"I thought you said no more going outside," Josie pointed out.

"We don't have to go outside!" Dave explained. "I've been working on a way to interact with objects outside the house without leaving the basement."

"How?" Freddy asked.

"By clicking on the square the object is on via the laptop, it'll interact with the object!"

"So we could've been using that instead of the Plants?" Alex asked.

"Well, it only works on inanimate objects."

"Oh..."

"Anyway!" the lunatic exclaimed. "Let's smash these like we mean it!"

He then clicked on the middle vase in the closest colum to the house. Everyone was surely surprised when it broke. They were even more surprised when a zombie came out of it! It then slowly crept towards the house!

"Now what?!" Josie gasped. Without replying, Dave clicked on another vase. That one had a zombie in it, too!

"This is bad!" Alex said in fear. Dave then surprised them all by smashing another vase! But what shocked everyone was the fact this one contained not a zombie, but a Peashooter!

"What the heck...?" Dave murmured. But he clearly didn't think too hard on it, as he took the Peashooter and planted it in front of the zombies! It worked just as fine as a regular Peashooter, which was what shocked them all.

"How did they manage to get a Peashooter?" Freddy demanded to know. "And more importantly, why would they send it to us with a bunch of zombies?"

"I don't know," Dave admitted, "but it's definitely helping!"

After another minute, Dave managed to break all the remaining vases. Most contained more zombies, but a good portion had Peashooters AND Squashes, as well!

"Man, I broke those vases nice and good!" Dave said with a smile. "Broke 'em like the time I broke my back digging through those trash cans!"

Suddenly, the TV flashed a bright white light! It made everyone squint in pain. Then, the light disappeared. When they looked back at the screen, their hearts sunk; there were more vases, and there were FOUR columns of them now!