Chapter 15

Welp I've started my.... X.... V... III time watching Yuri on ICE.... I need help...

I made another AMV but youtube keeps blocking it for some reason. It follows all the copyright laws so there's no need to keep making me remove it but it insists on it.... I'm just going to insert it somewhere else like my website or something... 

MARI'S POV

I've made it. I can move a little. I know it's been a long time. My friends look older now. There's no way I could have been in for a month like they said. I know about comas. They're trying to protect me more than they already have. Sometimes when a coma victim learns how long they've been out they can relapse. Meaning they can go back into a coma. They also may never wake up again.

I'm sure that's what my friends have been told. I know I won't though. I already know it's been a long time. I just don't know how long. I need to find out. I will. Once I get out of this damn hospital I'll find the truth. I believe next week on Saturday is Christmas.  So... That makes today the 13th of December. Good to know. After all, it's just one more step closer to understanding my past, future, and present state. It is said that humanity runs off of understanding the world around us. Without that we are animals, mindless creatures searching for answers. That is why isolation chambers work so well. They deprive the mind of everything we know. By removing one's mind from everything they know to a blank state is how you can make ones composure, sanity, identity, everything that makes them an individual. You can make it disappear. That is what a coma is basically. It removes you from what makes you human.

After a while, most people would lose it. They'd feel as if they have nothing to live for... And at times I feel the same.

Then...

I see Yuuri's face flash before me. I can't forget him. I must survive this. I have to get to him.

VICTOR'S POV

"Mr. Nikiforov. May I speak to you after class?" My teacher asked. It was science. Once again an easy course. Today we were reviewing something along the lines of the placement of different organs. Like really? How do people not know this stuff?! It's really simple. I swear some of the kids in my class don't even know the basic animal noises! Like the things you learn when you're three. Moo, quack, oink, growl, purr, bark, meow, whine, etc. Like really.

"Yes? You asked me to see you?" Class was over, and everyone had left the room for our next class. Here, everyone is split up by year. Then into smaller groups depending on course choices and electives. Each group had the same classes and the same teachers and you typically had the same group multiple years in a row. Therefore, making the groups pretty tight friends.

"Yes, I did." Mrs. Lillia said. Mrs. Lillia taught multiple courses for from different years to different groups. She mainly taught dance. She was apparently a prima ballerina or something like that for many years before she ruptured something in her knee. At least that's what I've heard. I have seen some signs of a limp when she walks so the rumor may actually be true but you never know... Rumors are dangerous after all. "You need to set an example for the other students. Stop distracting them with whatever the hell you're doing back there." She scolded. "I get you get straight 100s around the board but you must learn that other's need the same opportunity to learn as you did." She doesn't know. No one knows. It's never been that I worked hard or studied more or started lessons earlier. I've just been at a high intelligence level my entire life. "Yes ma'am," I answered lowering my head in mock shame. I'm not ashamed. Mother told me no matter what hold your head high with pride. Your actions of the past mean less than your actions of the present she said. Always hold your head high and don't forget those who support you. "I'll pay attention in class from now on." I said looking Mrs. Lillia in the eye. "Good. You are dismissed. See you in math." "Thanks. See you in a bit Mrs. Lillia." I called walking out the door. 

'Well, that sucks.' I thought slamming my locker shut. 'I don't need to pay attention. I've known everything we do for years now. Why should I pay attention now.' I stared at the rows of passing bright lights as I walked down the hall to lunch. 'I'd really much rather sketch than listen to them.' turn right into the main hall. 'after all. With the career I want to persue I don't need to know all this. I need to know how to analyze documents, calculate speed, acceleration, deceleration, and chemical properties. That's all I need to know....' Turn right again into the cafeteria. 'It's not like I can't learn things myself. I already know this stuff so why do I need to go to school for this.' 

'I'm sorry. Mom. Dad. I know you wanted me to grow up to be a successful doctor, lawyer, teacher, military placement. Something that you can guarantee that'll help protect you in your old age. I let you down. I can't pursue something I'm not interested in after all. It's not right. I'll never learn happiness in what I do for a living if I can't pursue what I really want t-' "Victor!" Yuuri's voice snapped me back to where I was. I was at my normal table with Chris and Yuuri. Chris was protective of Yuuri also. How did he describe it? Like a little brother to me so he was like family for Chris. Chris and I are super close. We're almost like family. I go over to Chris's house quite often and he come's over to mine. Therefore, if Yuuri is my brother then he's Chris's. 

"Hey," I said waving slightly to them as I took a seat across from him. "How's it going?" I asked leaning forward resting my forearms on the table. "Yeah, good," Chris said taking another bite of the peanut butter sandwich he was eating. Me and Chris have the same advanced classes so we should be in the same group but he's in theater while I'm in art. Yuuri has to take a different set of classes as he's considered a foreign transfer student. Because of that, he has to take Russian and prep to language arts AP. Making us all in different groups. Welcome to the hell that is school. They put you in separate groups and then you have no classes with your friends. My only sanctuary is that our groups actually have PE together.

PE is basically free time to do whatever providing your actually moving. We have skates so I practice turns, accelerations, T stops, stops, all that stuff. The only real difference is the fact you're on wheels, not blades, and that it's a lot harder to balance in my opinion as your skates have a smaller margin for error as being flat. Whereas, as we know, wheels are rounded, creating a larger surface to fall into.

Skating with roller blades, therefore, it improves my balance making it easier to Ice skate.

Goodbye now I'm going to go practice skating and hang out with Chris.

YEEE I GET TO GO SKATING TOMORROW!!!!! :D I'm so happy my parents are letting me! I'm dragging a different friend this time it should be pretty 'cool' pun intended. I'm gonna take my brother too. I wanna see how badly he fails >:) Yes. I hate my family quite a bit.

Wow... I'm stupid at times... I actually based the majority of this off my school. THe hallways are literally the same but mixed with my elementry school's. The groups thing is actually almost the same but the classes don't matter and it's called teams. Wow...