1 5

|Cassie|

The warm water felt nice splashing onto my face when we got back to the hotel. Finally I was able to wipe off all this makeup and actually become my true self. It was like having a blanket covering my face and no matter how hard I try, I will probably never get use to that feeling; unlike Clarke who's been begging me ever since she got her first eyeshadow pallet to do my makeup like her.

After changing into a tee-shirt with NorthBrooks high school on the front in giant bold black letters and pulled up the sweatpants that once were my sisters until I found them in my drawer while I was packing, I grabbed my phone and headphones before jumping onto the bed.

My body was welcomed by the warmth and softness of the fluffy blanket Williams manager, I think her name was Angie, gave me this morning. I wrapped myself into a tight and squishy burrito, pulled up Netflix on my phone and continued to watch the greatest show in the world. Just because I was a reader doesn't mean I don't have my fandoms. In fact almost all the readers I know, which is a very few, have their fandoms which they're overall are obsessed with.

There was a knock at my door when I was almost done watching the fifth episode of the day. It was soon followed by another knock not even five seconds later.

I rolled off the bed, blanket wrapped around me tight. I looked through the peephole to see William standing outside my door. Rocking back and fourth on his heels like a child. Before he went to go knock again, I opened the door up to him. He's never seen me without makeup I realized and instantly felt embarrassed. I could feel my already red face turning even redder, the bags under my eyes trying to straighten themselves out by digging back into my body before he could see, and the breakdown of acne which the makeup was not good for jumping out at him with their arms wide open. Welcoming him into my life as a teenage girl with an hormonal unbalance. Enjoy.

"I uh," he cleared his throat. "Brought you these." He revealed what he was holding behind his back. a dozen beautiful white roses arranged in a bouquet.

"Thanks." I said suspiciously before taking them out of his grasp. Holding them somewhat close to me.

"Angie recommended that I should be more 'boyfriend material' so I thought what better way to be that without getting you a bouquet of roses." I was about to break out into a laughter but I restarted myself as he continued to ramble on about him trying to become the perfect 'boyfriend material', which I'm pretty sure isn't a real thing in the first place. "Then I didn't know what your favorite flower was since you literally just flew in yesterday so I stuck to the basic and from previous experience and my best friend said girls love roses. So then I brought the prettiest set of roses that was at the store. Actually Bob picked them out, I had to sit in the car and face time him. It was my decision though. I promise."

"They're beautiful." I smile.

He chuckled slightly before smiling also. I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me, or I've been watching too much television; but I swear I saw him wink at me.

"I guess I should head back to mt room." He said.

"Wait!" I calles after him and almost instantly he was looking back at me. Like a dog who heard the specific words treat, just without the head tilt.

"Do you want to come inside?" I asked.

"Well it depends. Should I be worried that you're going to kill me out of pure hate or hold me hostage." He joked. Or I think it was a joke, I really couldn't tell. In fact I couldn't tell why I asked him inside in the first place.

"I would suggest not giving me ideas." I say before holding the door open wider for him to be able to fit through.

He walked in slowly, looking over the corner into the bathroom. Inspecting for any possible booby trap, before waking any further into the hotel room. He took a seat at the chair and starred out the window. Up at the sky.