twenty one

I twirled around, glancing at myself through the tall mirror. I notice my bright eyes shining more than usual with the light pink-knee length dress I had on.

I sigh nervously, Hoping everything goes well. Tonight I'm going over to Wyatt's for dinner.

His parents ended up inviting me, without him having to set it up, which I knew he was happy about. I guess those weeks ago when Wyatt said I had nothing to worry about made me even more nervous.

I walk to the bedroom door and slipped on my slightly heeled shoes. I then made my way downstairs,

Only to walk into the living room, where Jack, Sophia, and Jaeden were sitting. Sophia was reading a magazine and the boys were playing on the game system, as usual.

"Well, doesn't my best friends look beautiful!" Sophia gleamed.

I smiled, "Thank you best friend, I love you."

"I gotta get going, um, Wyatts." I pointed towards the door as I smiled at the sound of his name.

"Yeah have fun, and be safe." Jaeden smiled, only slightly looking towards me as I made my way towards the door. His eyes were still focused on the game.

"Yeah, be safe! and you look nice. Maybe... too nice." Jack said, then he turned towards Jaeden, almost trying to whisper something to him. " Come on J, Maybe you shouldn't let her go out like that,"

Jaeden smiled and looked at me again. " It's okay this time Jack, she looks great and Wyatt isn't that type of person, We don't have anything to worry about, she's safe."

Jack nodded and Sophia chimed in, "Yeah, and plus, she's right next door."

"Okay well, I should get going, see you later." I smiled and walked outside, the cool breeze of autumn hitting me in the face.