Use Somebody - 9.3

Annabelle's POV

I was frightened, but Jace had been so kind to me the past few hours, actually, since he had gotten back from his trip. Something in him changed, shifted, it was easy to see. It was also easy to see that this shift was difficult for him.

This shopping trip was a way to make amends, I could see that. I knew my refusing his kindness would only upset him, so I did something completely against my nature. I enjoyed the newfound kindness. I allowed him to buy me clothing that I actually wanted. I had never been spoiled in this way before, and I do know many girls would not think of this as being spoiled. I was being more frugal than I am sure most girls with this opportunity, but to me, it felt like so much.

After grabbing things from the first store, both for indoors and outdoors, Jace decided it was appropriate that I should have some proper pajamas and undergarments as well.

Walking to the next store took courage. People stared at us and although I could tell Flynn and Jace tried their best to shield the stares, it was almost impossible to ignore. I shrunk into Jace's side, trying to make myself smaller than I already was.

I know this seems weak, pathetic even, but this is life for a shifter. We are naturally shy creatures, or so I am told, because of our nature to change to the creature that most suits us being inconspicuous to those around us. On top of that, everything that had gone on with werewolves and the vampires has caused so much fear that I have had to live with everyday since the vampires won. It's almost sad that I am so afraid. Pitiful. Although I have always been shy, I was never afraid growing up.

I just know that there is no point in me trying to fight what is happening. I am just one person, just one small girl. What can I offer to this fight? To the resistance?

As we entered the store, Jace urged me once again to pick out anything I liked. We started in the pajama section, where I felt like I splurged when I got winter and summer pajamas, both fuzzy and made of silk. I blushed as I placed the beautiful baby blue silk nightgown I had found in the basket I was holding. It was way skimpier than anything I had worn before. It was something I would imagine a beautiful woman would wear for her husband, and although I had nothing like that, something inside of me wanted it so badly, I couldn't help myself.

"Annabelle," Jace whispered, "Go ahead and pick out some undergarments, Flynn and I will wait over here to give you some privacy, but don't worry, we'll keep watch

"Annabelle," Jace whispered, "Go ahead and pick out some undergarments, Flynn and I will wait over here to give you some privacy, but don't worry, we'll keep watch."

He was being so kind, giving me privacy while also trying to ease my fears that I'm sure he could sense. I smiled and nodded, walking over to a more conservative pile of underwear. Jace stayed where he was, keeping his eyes on me and the surrounding area.

I could tell he didn't really like being out like this. Although his eyes were on me, everyone else's eyes were on him.

Not paying attention to my surroundings as much as I should have, I reached down for a white pair of a lace underwear, not noticing a worker right beside me, looking furious.

Before I even knew what was happening, a woman had her hand clenched tightly around my wrist, causing me to let out a terrified shriek. The beautiful vampire woman, whose eyes were shining with anger was glaring at me she hissed, "What are you doing you rat? Where is your owner?!"

In a split second I regained my senses and begged, "please let go."

"How dare you tell me what to do?!" The woman screeched as she raised her hand to strike me.

On instinct, I shifted.

Shit.

I was standing on all fours in the middle of the store. A large, white tiger.

I saw the woman shaking her head, shock on her face as she screamed for security. Which I honestly found amusing. I was frightening enough, powerful enough for the woman to call out for security, which kind of felt nice.

I went to step forward at the woman when an almost irritated presence stepped in my way. Irritated at me or the woman, I wasn't sure, but the prince was not happy.

I didn't feel powerful anymore. "Annabelle. Shift. Now." Jace said with such authority that I didn't dare to defy his wishes. I shifted back into myself, crumbling to the ground, my white dress flowing out around my knees.

I was once again, weak, vulnerable. My clothes I had been previously wearing were torn apart around me on the floor, but the collar was still on me, as it was enchanted and would shift larger or smaller same as I would.

Sighing in what sounded like disappointment, Jace reached down and scooped me up in his arms bridle style. Walking out of the store, and towards the exit of the mall. Soon Flynn was walking beside us, talking quickly to someone on the phone. I buried my face in Jace's chest. Embarrassed and frightened that I was going to be punished as soon as we reached home.

His arms tightened around me as we walked outside into the chilly air. The car pulled from around the corner and Jace got in first, still holding me firmly in my arms. As soon as he was seated and Flynn had entered in behind us, I tried to untangle myself from his grasp to sit down in the seat, but once again Jace only tightened his hold.

I looked up at him in fear, but he wasn't looking down at me, just staring out the window.

I placed my head back on his chest and tried to forget what had just happened.

----------------
EDITED

Let me know what you think!!

What do you think is going to happen to Annabelle?

Also, what do you think of TS new album!?

comment, like, follow

- K