I

Pic ~ Luis

When I stepped foot on the ship, the first thing that happened was me being tackled to the ground in a hug by Corrin. Malakei rolled his eyes at the childish nature of the boy that was only a year younger than him before going off in search of Luis.

"You were longer than usual." Corrin says into my neck my ears twitch at the vibration his voice was causing. I chuckle in response and he holds me tighter momentarily before moving back.

Corrin goes to help me up but frowns when he does. Remembering my bad foot and reaching down to hoist me up instead with a grunt. When I'm on my feet he furrows his brows in pointed concern. Looking at me expectantly.

"We got held up..I had to jump out of a window-"

"You what?!" Corrin's eyes bulge and he turns to Malakei returning with Luis who smiles knowingly at me. Luis helps me onto a nearby wooden crate to sit down on while I frown at Corrin who was glaring at Malakei.

"Something tells me this was your fault. Again." Corrin acuses with venom laced in his voice towards Malakei. Malakei only turns to him and scoffs.

"It wasn't my fault he hurt his leg. I wasn't the one that pushed him out of that window-"

"-I didn't push him!" Corrin exclaims with a red face before turning to me with a pleading look.

"I didn't push you Keylin, I promise you. I would never do-"

"-I would never do that to you Keylin because I love you and I want to-" Malakei's mimicking was cut short by me crying out when Luis presses down too hard on a particular sore spot on my bad leg. His face lighting up in the process as he finally finds the weak joint he had been looking for. Now he finally found it, at an awkward moment nonetheless.

I didn't notice both Malakei and Corrin reaching for me in concern but stop to glare at each other. I look up at them when I recover, looking and feeling tired and sore as I narrow my eyes at both of them.

"Knock it off, both of you. Can't you both just stop arguing for one day?"

"No!"

They say in sync before narrowing their eyes at one another. I drag my hand across my hair in mild frustration before jolting forward, gripping the crate in pain as I stare down at Luis who curses.

"Shit, my bad snake."

"It's fine Luis. How is it?"

Luis looks up at me with a sad smile and I gulp at that, knowing that it couldn't be better than the last time. It was getting worse.

"You have a torn ligament. You need a lot of rest Keylin." He says scoldingly as he gets up, looking down at me.

"Which means no more running or walking for long periods for the next few weeks man."

I let out a breath at that, nodding nonetheless before I feel Luis' hand pat my shoulder and he disappears into one of the cabins. Malakei and Corrin stand before me with the same thoughtful look on their faces. I frown at that and go to get up.

"I'll be in my cabin." I remind them as I limp forward past them. Ignoring the pain shooting up my leg. Malakei is immediately at my side taking my arm and letting me lean my weight on him for support. I look up and smile at him tiredly. He smiles back worriedly and helps me to my cabin, Corrin following quietly behind.

When we get to my small room, Malakei helps me to the bed and I sit down with a grunt. I shift on the bed and Malakei sits on the end with his elbows resting against his knees. Corrin folds his arms over his chest as he leans against the door.