II

"Dobre?" Malakei asks me after a while, his horse falling in line with mine as he looks at me with concern. Not believing that I was fine.

"Da." I reply, confused myself.

After I got on the horse, the stinging pain on my mark had stopped after that. Leaving only a dullness from where the pain was inflicted. I could still feel Baja. She was alive I knew that. If she wasn't, I'm sure I would feel it.

I'm not fine. This was the first time I've been alerted that Baja was in danger and I don't like it. We were set to sail back today but this couldn't wait. I didn't know if my animal was dying or not. I'm glad she is fine for now.

"Is she ok?" Malakei asks and I turn to him.

"I think so. For now she isn't in danger but who says she won't be in a minute, an hour? I don't know and it's killing me. I need to see her."

"I know Keylin, I'm sure she will be fine. She's no ordinary panther remember? She's smart." Malakei reminds me and I let out a breath.

"I know."

"How is your leg now?" I wince.

"Sore but manageable." I assure him with a tired smile and he lets his eyes close briefly before looking back at the dirt trail ahead.

"Hey." I call to him and he turns to me alert. I smile softly at him. Slight concern crossing my features as I take in his tired and pale look.

"Sorry." He states before smiling at me assuringly.

"My head is a bit all over the place at the moment."

I frown at that. Knowing my friend has a lot on his shoulders. He grew up so much in the last year. Malakei made it his job to not only look after me but Corrin too no matter how much he dislikes him. He's not the same goofy troublemaker anymore. I miss that side of him but know that he had to adapt for the better. We all did and we are all the wiser because of it.

I didn't want to burden him with my dream. I was still wondering myself what it meant. I knew that the creature was from the Shadows. Where else could it be from? When it bit me, I felt the pain as if I had been actually bitten. I knew it was probably the pain from the mark but I couldn't help shift the feeling of eyes on me, ever since that dream.

It was like I opened something between me and the creature. When it touched me-

The echo of screeching in the back of my mind brought me back to reality. My eyes widened as I turned to the others, wondering if they too heard that noise but if they did they payed no attention to it as they continued onwards through green forest. I frowned at this and kicked Shayva lightly making her gallop forward slightly to the back of Corrin and François.

I looked around me at the familiar but foreign green forest. I've never been to this area when I was back in the camp, even with Malakei when we would train deep in the forest. This forest was huge and I underestimated it's depth.

"I didn't realise how big this forest was." Corrin voices my thoughts a he looks around him at the greenery. Amazed at how tall the trees could climb to reach the sun.

"This 'forest' is what humans many years ago called 'The Amazon." We call it Azon and it stretches over a lot of the Dry Land." François informs us all as he weaves around a fallen branch. We follow suit.

"Is it dangerous?" Malakei questions from behind me and I watch as François turns his head slightly around to glance at Malakei before smirking.

"Only at night. Which is why we should get to the camp before sundown." François notes and Malakei nods once. His eyes heavy as he seems to be remembering something. Most likely the time that we ran into that murk when we were out training, that night we snuck out. I shivered at the thought, tightening the grip on my reigns and continuing onwards.