Homunculus!Greed x Spy!Reader Pt. 1

Greed watched as you sat on a wooden chair, crossing your legs as you wait patiently for the other homonculi to enter the room.

Envy stood, leaning against the far wall, arms crossed. Gluttony sat on the floor, doing god knows what. And Sloth, who was sitting on the chair next to yours.

It was hard to see in the dimly lit room, the only light illuminating was from that of a few candles placed on the edge of Bradley's desk.

But you could feel Greed's eyes on you. You could feel it ever since you joined alliances with the homonculi. You didn't understand what his fascination with you was, but it was there.

You were still just a human, but after consulting with Bradley and the others, they began to accept you, as long as you were still useful. And that didn't bother you a bit. But it seemed to bother Greed. A lot.

You turned your head to look at the man in question, but by then he was already staring straight ahead, somehow knowing you'd look at him at that exact moment.

You sighed inwardly and turned to face the homunculus who just entered -- Lust. What was taking everyone so long?

After what felt like hours, one by one the humonculi began to pile in. Once they were all in, Bradley began.

"These military dogs are beginning to become a problem." He said, propping his elbows on the desk. "Especially that Roy Mustang."

"I thought you were taking care of it." Envy spoke, looking at Bradley through the corners of his eyes.

"I am taking care of it." Bradley answered back with a glare to Envy. "My problem is the two brats he has helping him now, two boys known as the Elric brothers."

"The Elric brothers?" You perk, recognizing the title. "I know them - Edward and Alphonse."

"What are they to you?" Greed asked, speaking up for the first time he's been in the room.

"Uh," you start, looking over at him with furrowed brows. "His mom was friends with my mom when we were kids."

"So they're your childhood friends, then?" Bradley confirmed with a grin. "That's perfect."

You nodded, understanding where this is going.

"[Y/n] and Greed, I want you two to work together on this. [Y/n], I want you to get close to them and find out everything you can about their progress on the Philosopher's Stone. Greed, be her backup. Stay hidden, but help her when she needs it. Dismissed."

You nod, standing and walking out. You wait by the door for Greed, wondering what could possibly be taking him so long.

Once he finally decided to follow you out, he was grinning. "I have permission to lead this little 'investigation' of ours."

"Yeah because you're greedy as hell. You really live up to your name, you know that?"

"Well of course. No one does it better than me." He said with that same damn crooked smile.

You sigh, rolling your eyes as you begin to walk out of the base. "So where do we begin?"

"First we need to find out where they are." The man beside you said, with a tone that really said, "you're a fucking dumbass".

"Military Base. Just talk to Mustang. I'm sure he'd know." You said, nodding.

"What makes you think he'll just spill his guts to us?" He Greed asked, putting his hands behind his head.

"Because my knife can be very persuasive." You answer, glaring at him from the side of your eyes.

"You do you." He sighed. "But I personally would get him when he's alone and kidnap him if he doesn't answer your questions."

"And that's why you're the backup."

~~~~~~~~~~

You walk out of your room, looking at Greed who stood in the hallway, leaning against the wall.

"What do you think?" You ask, crossing your arms. You wore the military outfit, your boots recently polished. You also wore your hair in a low bun, making sure your hair didn't touch your ears.

"Eh," Greed said, tilting his head as he examined you. "Could be better."

"Shut up." You said, holding back the urge to slap him as you walked out.

"You asked." He laughed as he followed after you.

"Should've known better." You sighed as you walked out the door and down the street.

Greed followed, his hands in his pockets. "Can you even handle this?"

"Handle what? Being a better spy than you? Of course."

_____________

So there was part 1! After I started writing, I knew it would be really long, so I figured it would be a 2-parter. There will be some Greed x Reader action in the next and won't be so focused in the actual mini plot. Thank you!