Fourteen

Ava's POV:

It has been three days since I have been home and so far I have been bored out of my mind. Even though I was hospitalized for a while, with everything that happened my parents still wanted to keep me home for a little while longer.

Right now I'm sitting in the living room on the lounger playing flappy dunk on my phone waiting for everyone to get home.

Moms filming, dads working, and my brothers are at school so it's just me...and Lola if you want to get technical.

I think I'm gonna see if we can go to the beach today, I haven't been there in forever and I really miss it. I use to go everyday, it was part of my routine I always followed. But then I had to screw up and everything I did within that routine got thrown off it's course.

Mom said aunt Ginnifer didn't have to film today, but she did have a few thing she had to do. But because my mom doesn't want me being fully alone yet, she asked her to come and watch me until either her or my dad came home.

It is ten in the morning, so she should be here in about an hour or so. I really should probably care more than I do, but I don't.

I actually love spending time with aunt Ginny, she's funny, loving, and she just makes everything really super fun. No matter what the activity is.

*Knock Knock*

I furrowed my eyebrows, locking my phone tossing it on the couch before I stood to my feet.

Who the heck is at my house this early in the morning?

I sighed, making my way to the door, looking through the peephole before opening the door. What? Its ten in the morning I'm not just about to open the door to some wier-

Oh! Its aunt Ginny.

'Why is she so early?' I thought. I thought mom said that she was supposed to be here around eleven. Furrowing my eyebrows I jogged back over to the couch, opening my messages with my mom to make sure I had the right time.

*Knock Knock*

"Just a second!" I shouted as I pulled the conversation up on my phone.

'Yep' I thought 'Text says eleven'

"Ava, sweetie? Are you alright?" Aunt Ginny asked with concern. See, I told you she was great, no matter who you are this is how she acts.

"Yeah aunt Ginny, I'm coming." I replied, walking over to the door to let her in.

"Hey!" She said walking in giving me a hug once I had shut the door. Laughing, I returned her hug. "How have you been honey?" She asked grabbing my hand in hers walking us over to the couch.

"I have been a lot better than I was. Aunt Ginny, mom said you were coming around eleven, how come you're here so early?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows as we sat.

"Oh! Well, I was originally going to take Oliver and Hugo down to my moms, but I decided to just leave them with the on set babysitter so it didn't take near as long as I had originally planned." She explained with a smile.

Hmm, I didn't know her mother was staying in the house she has down here. Her parents must be visiting for a while.

"Oh! See that makes a lot more since." I chuckled shaking my head in amusement.

"Sooo" Aunt Ginny started. "What do you want to do today?" She added reaching forward lightly pushing on my knee before returning to her position.

"Sadly I can't do anything outside of this house. Mom and dad has put me on house arrest." I explained rolling my eyes. Still think that whole idea is pretty dumb, but I'm not gonna argue with my parents.

"You let me deal with your mother." She replied sternly. "You've been cooped up in this house for ages you need to do something fun!" She groaned throwing her head back.

"Okay, well I've been dying to go to the beach. I haven't been there in forever." I sighed tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Okay! Well then that's where we'll go. You go and get your swim suit on and I'll wait for you down here." She stayed standing up, putting her hands in her pockets.

"Are you serious?" I asked, my eyes widening. Aunt Ginny looked at me with a completely serious face before she answered.

"As a heart attack." She said placing her hands on her hips. "Come on let's go!" She shouted playfully.

I laughed standing up off the couch before I made my way up the stairs. Trying my hardest not to take to long, I quickly changed into my bathing suit, grabbed my beach bag and stuffed sunscreen, sunglasses, and a towel inside before I hurried back down stairs.

"You ready?" She asked smiling as she stood by the door.

"Yep." I answered popping the p as I made my way over to her. She nodded her head as she opened the door, holding it open, allowing me to go out first.

"Wait!" I stopped before I walked out the door. Turning around I jogged over to the couch and leaned over the arm rest grabbing my phone before I jogged back over to my awaiting aunt.

"Seriously?" She asked raising one eyebrow higher than the other.

"What?" I asked. "I like taking pictures of scenery." I explained shrugging my shoulders as we reached the car.

"Mhm, I'm sure that's the reason." She replied lightly shaking her head with a laugh.

Okay, so it could be a slight lie. But it's not like I'm talking to some boy! I like to read and I have E-books on my phone.

"So, just out of curiosity..." I started, turning in my seat to look at aunt Ginny as we pulled away from the house. "You do realize my mother is going to be like steaming mad right?" I added crossing my arms.

"I told you to let me deal with your mother." She responded taking a quick glance at me before returning her gaze to the road. "Besides I have a technique I've used over the past years that has helped me in situations like this one." She explained nodding her head.

"Which is...." I urged moving my hand around in a circle. She took another short glance at me, smiling this time.

"I call her mother." She elaborated shrugging her shoulders. I looked at aunt Ginny furrowing my eyebrows, cocking my head to the side.

'Calls. Her. Mother?' I thought to myself. Not being able to hold it in any longer I began to bust out laughing.

"What?!" Aunt Ginny asked, taking slight offense.

"You call my Abuela?" I asked still laughing. "And that actually works?" I added.

"Have you met your grandmother? Of course it does!" I guess that makes since. Abuela is pretty scary, she defiantly scares me anyway.

"Yeah, but Abuela is in New York" I pointed out. I'm not really sure how that would work.

"Yes, but she calls your mother and they have a chat." She explained. Okay, I guess it makes a little since now.

"We're here" Aunt Ginny sang in a sing song voice as she parked the car. I'm so happy about it too. It's been so long.

"Yeah" I acknowledged nodding my head with a smile as my gaze remained locked on the water, watching as the waves crashed onto the sand.

"You ready to have some fun?" She asked. Finally turning to look at aunt Ginny, I smiled bigger.

"Absolutely"

________________________________

😊😊😊