Project Protect

Jungkook likes Yoongi. A lot.

No, not in the impure sense. But as his hyung, the kid with the bunny smile looks up to the one with the sugary gummy one.

And that is why Taehyung is jealous.

He glares at the blue haired boy, narrow eyed as Jungkook follows him around like a little bunny, excitedly asking him questions. Yoongi does look a little uncomfortable at the newest addition to his fan following, but tries his best to answer the kid's queries with as innocent words as he can.

You're just glad that you have your friend back.

Hoseok is trying to console Taehyung, trying out some jokes he heard from Jin and making the boy crack a rare smile. Tae isn't responding much, but you're sure he'll be fine in no time. Hoseok is a born ray of sunshine.

Namjoon and Jin are also over at your house, sitting on one corner of the living room and quietly talking, Jin occasionally gracing the room with his windshield laughter. You notice that Jin is suave. Too suave.

He seems too old for Namjoon, and you've always had a feeling of mistrust associated with older people. And Namjoon is so sweet and nice.

You ship it, though.

Jimin has his head against your shoulder, eyes closed. He looks like he is sleeping by his face and his calm, timed breathing, but he is actually listening to Jungkook's excited talking.

Taehyung is still fuming.

You're hundred percent sure that Yoongi is straighter than a ruler, but you like seeing your best friend so cutely pissed off. Though he may show a purely flirtatious and playful attitude towards the younger boy, you have much more experience of his personality as his best friend, and you know he likes him.

Taehyung has never really shown a probable interest in anybody before, so you hope that this will finally snap him and he'll finally confess to Jungkook.

But to no avail.

"Jimin?" You whisper lowly, trying to wake the boy. "You awake?"

His eyes open immediately, and he smiles up at you cutely. "Yup."

You mentally coo at his adorable behaviour before removing his head from your shoulder. "You guys wanna go somewhere?"

Jin purses his lips, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I have a study date."

Namjoon looks down at his feet, a little disappointed, but too nice to protest. Jin doesn't seem to notice as he waves the group a goodbye and leaves.

Hoseok fills in the silence. "I'm in."

Jimin agrees, looking at Namjoon. "You're not restricted to hanging out with anyone but him, you know."

The boy tries to smile, shaking his head. "Y/N..." Namjoon sighs as he checks his watch. "I have extra classes."

"I'll go," Jungkook announces, and Taehyung immediately joins him, nodding frantically.

You smirk secretly, before turning to Suga. You blink when you find him already staring at you with an expression you can't decipher-sadness? You bite your lip.

"You coming, Suga?" You give him a pleading look.

Jungkook copies you, tugging at the older boy's jacket.

Yoongi glances down, giving the boy a small smile before directing it at you. "Yeah."

|

The place you decide to visit is jam-packed.

Little kids clinging to their mother, younger teenagers guzzling down fries and coke, even middle aged couch potatoes stuffing burgers in their mouths.

You gape at the scene in silent horror, unconsciously clinging to Jimin's jacket sleeve. His expression is all but a twin of yours, matching down to the last comically twitching left eye.

You regret your decision. No doubt about it.

"We shouldn't have come." Leave it to Yoongi to voice the harsh opinion.

"I see that." You make a face, doing a one eighty. "We're going somewhere else."

"And where may that be?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow, still salty that you prevented him from jumping.

"This underground club I've heard of." You shrug. "Maybe you should stay out, Kookie."

"Shut up."

"He's not exactly a baby, Y/N," Taehyung rolls his eyes, the ever-loyal bunny supporter. "You're probably thinking of a sixteen plus bar."

"That's not a great idea..." Hoseok trails off.

"Meh." You lead the way, the others pushing through the crowd in an attempt to keep up with your pace. "Still think he's a kid."

You're there in a moment, as you realise that the club is actually in the same locality. The flashing lights and heavy alcoholic scent makes you rethink your second decision.

"Still time to back off, bunny," You mutter as your eyes dart around.

"There's five of us." Suga grunts. "We can protect that kid."

Jungkook smiles adoringly at the blue haired boy, making Taehyung fume.

"This place feels familiar," Jimin, who has been silent up until now, says skeptically.

You clench your teeth.

Hoseok braces himself.

"That's probably because you picked up a lot of girls here," You purse your lips, gritting your teeth as you looks away. "Not that you can ever be serious with them."

"Not this again," Taehyung groans.

Jimin looks slightly hurt, but more pissed. "Why the hell is that so important to you?!"

Lately, you have been having trouble regarding this.

"Because I have the right to!" You hiss back, feeling something you should not feel.

"Whaat are you?" The blonde remarks bitterly, stepping back. "My girfriend?!"

Jungkook winces. "That escalated quickly..."

But there's a reason for this.

The tension.

You're trembling with rage, eyes stinging. You don't want to cry; no.

Your best friend's eyes narrow.

Jimin shakes his head, scoffing. "You're not." But his voice is weak.

Taehyung steps forward-

"Tae!" Your eyes widen as you try to stop him.

-and punches him in the jaw.