27 - Nightmares And Reality

"Hey Sid, how have you been?"

I shouted when I noticed Sid lying on his back on the huge bed near a dozing Adrian, his face all scrunched up in thought. My pulse had yet to settle down as an outcome of our short romantic moment outside the bedroom, but Ryan seemed to be as unperturbed as a calm ocean, and if he is capable of pulling such a non bothered attitude, so can I. I refuse to let him see his effect on me, regardless of how much my inner girl is craving for his closeness and attention.

"Aside from having a crumbling life and a deadly snoring friend, yeah, I'm holding up."

Sid cast a glare at Adrian and then turned back to torture the ceiling.

"And yet you love him."

Ryan remarked in a bored tone and plopped down on the couch that was placed adjacent to the bed. I followed suit, however, made sure to leave a bit of space between us. Ryan, nonetheless, bridged the gap the moment my limbs relaxed and threw his left arm over my shoulder, thereby cocooning me between his large frame and the arm support. I am uncertain if he was doing it on purpose, yet the gesture looked so natural and heartwarming that I couldn't help but feel secure and wanted.

"What? Him? Bro, how can you say that even after hearing him?"

Adrian let out a high-frequency snort as if on cue, and I began to shake with silent giggles.

"He's just worn out, Sid. Don't be dramatic."

I maintained my silence, preferring to listen to their 'boy chat' rather than my blabbering. And I found myself so comfortable in their company that I hardly felt obligated to express anything to alert the others of my existence. In a nutshell, I felt like I belonged.

"My life on its own is a drama."

"Well, I remember a little birdie saying something similar."

I blurted out, recalling Helena's words, and then regretted it abruptly. I should install a filter on my mouth. The room was quiet for almost a minute, then Sid sat up after throwing Adrian's leg from his stomach, causing the sleepyhead to groan and change position.

"How is she getting along?"

He inquired, and his gaze was flooded with genuine remorse that it made me difficult to side with one of them. Both of them were hurting in their own way.

"Not any better than you."

"She must despise me, right?"

Sid appeared miserable with his sunk shoulders and everything. Should I tell him she loves him? No, it's certainly not my place to speak on the matter. However, I could drop a few hints.

"Sid. You might want to talk to Helena. Like an actual conversation. Just be patient and listen to what she has to say."

"But she's not going to listen to me."

"You can say that after you've tried it once. As someone who has heard both the sides, I think it's for the best."

I flashed him an encouraging grin, hoping he would get my point.

"I am not sure. I need some time to recover."

He retreated to his sleeping spot, grumbling, and hid beneath the blankets.

"He'll never learn. Why are men so thick headed?"

I muttered under my breath.

"He will... one day."

Here comes the mysterious Ryan. Before I could find out what he implied with his cryptic sentence, the door was opened, and in walked James, still solemn. Is he still not over our previous conversation?