lips are sealed

"So where are we going Rex?" Ezra asked as he climbed over a log.

"Well, Kanan and Hera told me you two like the woods I thought I'd show you a special place" Rex replied.

Ezra, Sabine, Zeb and Rex were walking through the woodlands. It was a nice day with a healthy breeze and warm sun glinting through the trees. Kanan and Hera had let the four of them go without them tagging along. They had some work to do around the house anyway.

"A special place?" Sabine repeated.

"What kind of special place?"
"You'll see soon enough and its likely the wolves will be there. They love the area" Rex told her.  

"Maybe I'll see Mira" Ezra said.

"You two are quite close aren't you?" Rex inquired.

"I honestly think Mira considers Ezra were own cub" Zeb grinned.

Ezra lightly punched his older brother's arm with a smile.

The group walked through the trees for at least another ten minutes before they came to a wall of ivy. Rex pushed the plant aside and what met Ezra, Sabine's, and Zeb's gaze made them gasp with delight. A beautiful clearing with lush trees surrounded a turquoise lagoon that had water falling from the rock face.

Perched on ledges and the grass was the wolf pack

Perched on ledges and the grass was the wolf pack. Their heads turned to see who was entering when the group walked through. Mira, who was lying next to Ursa, instantly bounded over to Ezra and rubbed her head on his knees. Ezra smiled and petted the wild dog who rumbled happily at the attention. A faun coloured wolf with green tinged fur trotted over and sniffed Rex.

"Hey Cody" Rex greeted and the wolf's ears flew up at the name.

Tristen had gone over to Sabine while a dark brown wolf approached Zeb.

"He's called Lerassan" the teen told his siblings before they asked.

"He's the cub that bonded with me quite quickly."

"Well you two seem to have a lot in common" Sabine said.

"For one you both have green eyes."

"And for​ another you both stink" Ezra muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Zeb asked suspiciously.

"Nothing" Ezra grinned.

The group sat on the bank of the lagoon, feet in the water. Cody, Tristen, Lerassan and Starlight were splashing about while Mira waded through the shallows. Occasionally dipping her head under the water. Ezra watched with a smile as the wolf swam over to him and suddenly went under.

"Where'd she go?" Ezra asked worridly when the wild dog didn't resurface.

Then he felt a gentle, tickly sensation on his toes. Ezra yelped and quickly yanked his foot from the water. Mira's head popped up and she gave Ezra a toothy grin.

"Not funny Mira" Ezra told the wolf but was smiling.

Mira climbed out from the lagoon and shook herself.

"Ahahahahah! Mira!" Ezra protested through his laughter as he was drenched with droplets.

The wolf stopped and lay beside the boy, tail thumping the ground as Ezra ran a hand through her wet fur.

At around one thirty, the group decided to leave and head home. Mira seemed a little disappointed by this as did Cody.

"Don't worry girl" Ezra said to his friend. 

"I'll be back."

The wolf gave a soft whine and licked Ezra's cheek. With a final wave, Ezra, Sabine, Zeb and Rex set off into the trees.

"Not even Hera or Kanan know about that place" Rex said.

"Can you three keep it a secret?"

The trio glanced at one another before nodding with a smile.

"Lips are sealed" Sabine promised.