13. New threats and beginnings

She loved him, she actually did. Even after she knew that he never felt that way for her, that her love can never be returned. She watched as he choose a girl, a girl that she definitely wasn't. She watched as they become each other's missing pieces. She waited for three years to gain his attention and that girl, she didn't even try...
She watched aimlessly, her heart wounded, stabbed, broken. She never thought it was possible, she had never thought of her love being someone else's. And she might have died looking at her love if he, the king itself haven't come to her life, claiming that he will save her, save her from this hurricane.

-The Golden Girl

************************************

"Stacey, Stacey is here."

The words hit her like an arrow and pierced through her head. It was like dumping a bucket of ice cold water upon her, it was like saying that unicorns are real, it was like saying that there's no coffee in Starbucks, no pizza in Dominoes.

It was too unreal. Too unreal.

What was he saying? Was he high on drugs?

Everything was so surreal. Along with that haunting line, millions and millions of thoughts passed through her mind.

Stacey Sky was back.

Stacey Sky was back.

Stacey Sky was back.

Why was she here?

Stacey and Kyle.

Stacey and Kyle.

Her mind was whirling around. Each and every memory passed through her head.

He will do every possible thing to won her back.

The time has come. She will have to let him go. She will have to.

"I... I..." And a gasp escaped from her lips.

She didn't know what to say.

She didn't know how to react.

I will lose him forever. Once again.

"Faye, it's going to be okay. I am going to be with you." She heard River's voice but at that time she didn't say anything.

She was deep in thoughts.

"I really like her. She's the only girl I have ever layed my eyes on." He would say.

She will never be able to make him hers. She will never be able called his.

"I wanna go home." She declared, her stomach was sick, she was sick.

"I... I will give you a ride." He offered, standing up with her.

"No, I... I... your best friend is here River, you don't need to drop me home. God, I am nothing to you. I... I am not even a friend. She, she's waiting for you." Her voice was broken.

"Faye... hey, please, please don't cry." He said, walking up to her. He wrapped his arm around her, hugging her.

"Please, you are strong." He whispered and she shook her head.

Her eyes were blurred, tears were threatening to spill. She held them, she could not break just now, not here, not in front of everyone. Chanting to herself, she pushed River away from her, "You don't have to save me Blake. You don't have to." And she took a step away from him, turning around.

"Faye, please, please don't be like this." He was requesting her.

"Your best friend is probably waiting for you, go." And she walked away, away from him.