twenty three

After I got home, Jaeden was the only one home, it was late. He must have already been asleep, so I made my way upstairs, and into my room, to get ready for bed.

I laid there for what felt like hours. I couldn't sleep. I felt as If I messed things up with Wyatt. I guess I just got nervous.

The thought had never left my mind. I needed to do something.

I grabbed my phone off of my nightstand.

Wyatt :)

y/n: Hey Wyatt, could you come over? I know it's late but I want to be with you and talk to you. The window always works...

y/n: I love you

I sat my phone down.
Then I heard it ding again.

❁

Why would it not send? That's weird.

I felt hurt. but, I knew Wyatt got the other message.

I turned over in bed and stared out the window that faced Wyatt's. None of the lights were on.

I felt my eyes get heavy as I watched his room.

Then darkness came over me.

I felt something nudge me, gently.

Then, I felt something nudge me, rougher.

I opened my eyes, only to have the bright morning sunlight, not hit my eyes, like usual.

Instead I glanced up to see Jaeden sitting beside me, on the bed. His eyes were filled with water. Just looking at my brother and seeing him like this made me even more sad.

"Jaeden, What is it?"I asked. I looked on the night stand at my phone, only to see the time '4:35am'.

He took a breath. "y/n, I need you to listen to me,"

"What Jaeden, tell me what it is!" Now I was worried.

He wiped a tear, "Wyatt's parents called earlier, they left a message that said, Wyatt was in a car accident." He started to cry even more now.

I took a deep breath in, "What are you talking about? Jaeden, please tell me he's okay,"

Now I started to cry.

"I don't know," He put his head between his hands and leaned forward. Mumbling and crying. Wyatt was his best friend too.

"What happened," I mumbled, hugging on Jaeden, not only to comfort him, but me too.

Jaeden wrapped his arms around me and leaned on my shoulder."I don't know the whole story, but his mom said something like they locked the keys out of their car and called Wyatt to pick them up. Then it must've happened then," Jaeden was crying so much at this point I could only make out most of the words. But, the truth is, I didn't need to hear them all.

I started to break down at this point, this was too much to fast. I cried into Jaeden shoulder as he cried into mine.

I remembered the last words we spoke.

"Oh, and y/n?" Wyatt mumbled.

I turned around, "Yeah?"

He smiled. "I love you."

I smiled back. "I love you more."

I was trapped.

I felt as if I could scream.

But, I kept silent.

Only to cry as loud as I could.

I looked up to Jaeden,

"We need to go see him."

side note: take a deep breath.