Prologue: New Student

I remembered when I first enter Wellston High. It was... An eventful first day.

"Would you please say your name to the class?" The teacher smiled at me.

I look at the different color eyes. Each look at me with not wonder, expectation. Expecting me to at least have an ability.

With a deep breath, I open my mouth to speak, "My name is Aoi Akira. I use to live with my godfather before coming here. I hope we can get along." I did a slight bow.

    'Lies...' I thought in my mind.

"Thank you Aoi, there's an empty spot behind John. John, raise your- John!" The teacher's brown eyes glow as the same glow emitted around an eraser, lifting it in the process before flinging the floated eraser at a sleeping male.

The sleeping classmate woke with an abrupt snort, "Guh- Uh- What?" He shook his head and look at the teacher with a confused look.

"John." The teacher's voice was stern, "Raise. Your. Damn. Hand."

With a gulp, I see the boy, John, raise his hand.

"Thank you" The teacher's stone cold face turn lively. "Aoi sit behind him."

"Er. Yes. Thank you." I nodded and walked towards my new classmate.

John's hair was greasy. Really greasy. A simple flick of fire can set his hair on flames.

As I sat down, John turns around and extend his hand.

"Hey man, sorry for sleeping, heh." He chuckles, "We didn't have a proper introduction. Names John."

I chuckled back and took his hand, "Aoi."

He had a firm grip, which made the handshake professional and proper.

"What are you guys working on?" I ask as I release the grip and scrummage through my one strap backpack.

"Oh, English. Most specifically, Spearshake." John explained.

I smirk, "Nice, I always identify myself as a good actor."

John laughs, "Guess that makes me a polar opposite."

I laughed along with him, and smile. I thought this was going to be a nice school.

I was wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sooooo Aoi, names Elaine" I turn to see a cute, light-blue hair girl with a single ponytail hanging off her right shoulder, "what kind of ability do you have?" Everyone stopped in the classroom and faced Elaine and me

    'Damn it...' I mentally wince, 'Seriously? Who starts a conversation with that?!'

I remember dodging the question, "Like are you asking what tier am I?"

Elaine just shrugs, "Yeah, sure."

    Should I lie? Somewhat lie? Or tell the truth?

"I'm a... Cripple"

The atmosphere got dark and heavy.

Elaine's eyes sunk to the ground.

"But I can still pull my weight-"

The light-blue hair classmate just shoved pass me in silence.

The other's around me just glared. I can hear some of the murmurs they produce.

"Another waste."

"Welp, Arlo is going to deal with two Cripples."

"Bright side, John has a friend." Snickers.