13

Re-written 05/2022

I wait around after my English Lit class was finished, to get my papers from Professor Graham. I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to head over to her lecture room. Standing outside her door I'm greeted by non-other than Mr. Wolf himself. I'm not sure if he is only being nice to sleep with me or if he just loves Chemistry so much. Raven told me it wasn't a good idea to be around him so much and if I continue to do so something was going to happen. I'm not saying I'm the most trusting person in the world, but I like to give people chances until they prove me wrong.

"Hey," we hug, "How long have you been waiting out here?"

"Ummm," I check the time on my phone. "About twenty minutes and it's killing me not knowing what I got."

"I'm sure you passed. We've been working on it for a week. I believe you got this."

"Thank you so much-"

"Wolf." Darren walks up patting him on the back a little too hard if you ask me. "And Charlotte." he pulls me into a hug. "Crazy, how I always see you two together. Are you two dating?" he looks at me.

"No, of course not." I quickly say.

I get it. I have been ignoring the guys more now that I was hanging out with Raven and Wolf. It's just that things seem easier to be with them than with the guys. I wasn't staying at the frat house anymore, so I guess that makes it much easier as well not to communicate with them. Our school schedules were totally different yet they always found me--not Chase. It was like having six older brothers watch your every move.

"Hey. I gotta go, Charles. See you on the field D." Wolf walks off, he was annoyed and I don't blame him. The guys weren't his cup of tea either.

"Are you guys going to do this every day?" I huff, taking my phone out and sending Wolf a sorry text and I will let him know what I got on the papers. They would always find a way to interrupt my conversations with Wolf. I get he is a player, a scumbag and I guy I shouldn't be messing with but that's the thing I'm not messing with him. I know Wolf isn't to be trusted and I've known that since freshman year of college. A girl in my Ethics lecture was devastated when she found out he didn't want a relationship with her after they finally hooked up. That right there was a red flag for every girl on campus to not get emotionally involved with him. I know better. I just hate that they can't see that.

And Wolf hasn't tried to hit on me since the bonfire. If anything he was truly being a friend to me.

"Are you going to hang out with that dipshit every day? If so then yeah, but first since when you let that dick call you Charles?"

"Darren does it mat--"

"Ms. Withers," Professor Graham opens the door. "You may come in now. Oh, nice to see you, Mr. Reed, haven't seen you in a week, is everything alright?"

"Yeah. Everything is great. My sleep pattern is a bit messed up and I've just been super busy."

"Really? I just thought-"

"Yeah, ummm maybe I should get going." he scratches the back of his neck. "Charles, stop by the frat house tonight. The guys and I miss you."

I don't know if it's just me, but the way these two are acting seems like a strange encounter one would have with a one-night stand. Professor Graham is in her late thirties but looks like she is in her mid-twenties. She is very attractive so I can see why something might happen between her and a student-yet it's not something that should happen. It can turn out to be a horrible decision if she did. However, in all the romance novels I read, I'm pretty sure there is or was something between these two. I clear my throat.