ll . t w o • trick or treat, freak

"Oh! I want to see those pearls. Yeah! Who you gonna call!" My mom yelled at she took pictures of Dustin in his halloween costume. I stood beside my mom laughing as Dustin held up his proton pack smiling widely.

"Come on Hazel get in there!" My mom yelled lightly pushing me towards my brother for a photo

"I don't even have a costume on" I told my mom hoping she wouldn't want to take a photo

"I don't care. This is for me and you both look cute" she said before holding up the camera again

"Say cheese!" She yelled

"Cheese" Dustin and I mumbled while smiling, as the flash from the camera blinded us.

"Oh my goodness, so cute" she said smiling almost as wide as Dustin.

"I have to get to school mom, Dustin you coming?" I asked as I grabbed my bag

"Nah, I'm gonna ride with Lucas and Mike"

"Okay. See you later, bye mom love you" I called as I exited the house getting into my car.

When I got to school I noticed no one was wearing costumes, so Dustin and his friends are probably going to be the only ones. Half the day went by and I was meeting Steve and Nancy in the library to catch up on some work. We set our stuff down at the table and didn't talk much the whole time. Nancy pushed her chair back and got up pulling me out of my boom as I looked up to her, Steve did as well. She was getting up to sharpen her pencil and my eyes followed her.

"What happened with the Hollands and dinner?" I asked Steve setting my pencil down

"She didn't tell them if that's what you are wondering. They said they hired some guy to look into Barbs disappearance and they are selling their house" he told me still looking down at his paper continuing to write

"I can't imagine what they are feeling." I whispered sadly looking back to Nancy, seeing her zoned out staring off to the bookshelves. Steve noticed her too and got up to walk towards her.

"Nancy" he called out a few times before he touched her and she finally noticed him.

A red head girl walked passed them and Nancys eyes followed her, before they got back to the table Nancy and Steve walked into a separate room. I sat there waiting for them to come back, the bell rang and I got up to make my way to my next class, I waited a bit longer for Nancy and Steve to come out and finish talking or whatever but they took to long so I just made my way out of the library. Later that day Steve told me about Nancy and his conversation in the library, about Nancy and how she is feeling with Barb, how he wants them to be stupid teenagers at least for Tinas party tonight.

School was over and I got all my stuff and made my way to my car once again. As I was pulling out, the same car of the new kid Billy, pulled out in front of me cutting me off. I honked at him to go and he stuck his head out of the window and gave me a smirk as he sped out of the parking lot.

"Asshole." I muttered to myself as I made my way out of the school parking lot behind him.

As I was driving down the road I noticed Billys car again, he was going slow at first, then I heard his music and he sped up. I continue driving the speed limit and when I was going down the hill I saw him speeding towards three kids on their bikes, the three kids I knew that were wearing ghostbusters costumes.

"Oh fuck" I say speeding up behind him trying to get closer, right before Billy got any closer to them they rode their bikes into the grass. I pull up beside them and get out of my car.

"Are you three okay?!" I yell at them running around the front of my car towards them.

"Was that-" Dustin started while he got on his feet with the help of Mike