ll . t h r e e • the pollywog

We had finished watching Ghostbusters and were in the middle of The Shining. I looked over to Steve and saw he had fallen asleep. I pull the blanket up more and cover his chest with it.

"Dusty!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. I look to Steve to see if her yelling woke him up, and it didn't. I decided to go downstairs and ask Dustin about his night, when I open my door it creaks so I just decide to leave it open.

"How was what? The greatest night of the year, of course." I heard my mom say as I approached the both of them

"Oh. Oh, yeah, it was... it was, uh, tubular." Dusty said in response

"Tubular? When do you say tubular" I asked standing beside my mom

"Since now" he told me adjusting his grip on bag if candy

"What's wrong with you? Did something happen? Are you constipated again?" My mom asked with a confused and worried face.

"What, No! Mom!" He retorted, as I began to laugh at what my mom had said.

"Okay, you're acting weird" I told him, my moms head nodding in agreement

"I am not acting weird!" He yelled back, right after his box began to move. Dustin started to laugh nervously, as the cat hissed and my mom and I took a step bag.

"Awesome, right? Yeah... I rigged a trap with, uh, a motor to make it look like I caught a ghost. Just like the movie." He told us. As the two began to laugh nervously, and loudly while I just stood there staring at the two of them. Dustins box continues to rattle as he began to walk upstairs to his room.

"That was so weird I don't even want to know" I told my mom before I made my way upstairs to my room. When I got to the top of the stairs Dustin was looking at my room. Specifically who was in my room.

"Son of a bitch. Why is Steve Harrington in your bed?" He asked still staring at Steve sleeping. I quietly walked over to my door and shut it.

"None of your business" I told him standing in front of my door

"Did you two finally get together?" He asked smiling wildly enough to show his all his teeth.

"What? No." I answered with a confused look on my face

"If you did that would be totally tubular" he said before walking off to his room and shutting the door before I could answer him back. I started to open my door when I heard Dustin talking to himself in his room, and then I heard chirping and growling noises, the same noise I heard outside. I walked to his door and opened it to see what he was doing and where the noise was coming from. When I opened his door I saw him leaning over looking at his turtles tank.

"What the fu-" I began to say before Dustin cut me off

"Shhh!" He yelled running behind me to shut the door.

"What the hell is that!" I yelled noticing his turtle on the floor and some creature in its tank.

"I don't know. I found it in the trash." He told me before he dumped his pillow case of candy on his bed and grabbed a chocolate bar.

"Hungry little guy?" He asked the creature as he dropped the pieces into the tank. I walked over to the tank, and saw the slimy thing let out a quiet screech when it went into the red light.

"Too hot?" Dustin asked it as he turned off Yertles hear lamp

"Don't talk to that thing like its your pet. You found it in the trash, Dustin" I told him watching the thing eat the nougat.