The green eye'd monster

This was requested by @Mainianaia enjoy!
________________________
Joshua Matthews was feeling good! He had gotten an A on his math exam and felt pretty confident about his English midterm. He got a wonderful amount of sleep last night and needless to say he just felt great. That was until he saw a certain blond beauty talking to a guy he had never met.

Maya Hunter had just turned eighteen and was taking a tour of NYU that day because that was the school she was planning on going to after she graduated. She didn't tell Josh that she was going to be there because she had plans to surprise him at his dorm room.

"So this is the junior/senior dorm rooms for the guys." Maya's tour guide said as they walked into a building. Maya knew this building to well. She had been here a couple of times since she had turned eighteen to have some study sessions with Josh. Though nothing had happened between the two yet, they were getting closer and closer.

Maya's tour guide happened to be a junior at NYU, much like Josh himself. The guys name was Nick. He had been assigned to show the senior girls in high school NYU. Luckily for Maya it was just her and two other girls that were doing the tour that day. So she got a lot of one on one time with Nick to ask questions.

Josh hid behind one of the plants that NYU had sitting in the hall as he watched Maya talk to Nick. He knew Nick, he also knew how big of a player he was.

"So I'm guessing you know who Joshua Matthews is?" Maya asked him as she looked around the rooms.

"Yeah I know of him. I've never really talked to him though. He isn't really big into the parties and stuff at this school." Nick commented. Maya nodded her head.

"Is he a stay home and do homework kind of guy?" She asked. Maya wanted to see what kind of rep Josh has in this school.

"I don't know. Usually when you go to a party here in college it's to try and hook up with someone that night. Rumor has it that Josh has his eye on a younger girl that doesn't even go to NYU." Nick stated making Maya smile.

"Really?" She asked. Nick nodded.

"Yep. You might know who she is, Hunter something." He said trying to think of her name. Maya bit her lip and blushed.

"Name rings a bell." She told him. She couldn't help but feel the butterflies
come up in her stomach.

"Well shall we continue on with the tour?" Nick asked her but Maya shook her head.

"Thanks but I'm good. I think I've seen enough." Maya said. Nick smiled and nodded his head. He held his arms out for a hug. Maya being the friendly person she is, stepped into him and hugged him.

Josh was in a position to see them but he couldn't hear them. So after seeing the hug he clenched his fist and walked back to where his room was. He slammed the door causing his roommate to give him a questioning look. Josh glared at him as if to say not to say a word. Suddenly there was a Knock on the door and Andrew got up to get it.

"Hey Maya." He said before walking out. Maya waved at Andrew and walked into the door closing it. Josh looked up at Maya with an emotionless expression on his face.

"Hey! I thought I'd come by and see you for a minute." Maya told him. Josh cleared his throat before speaking.

"Are you sure you came to see just me?" Josh asked. Maya chuckled.

"Um, yeah. Who else would I come to see at NYU?" She asked him with amusement in her voice.

"I don't know what about Nick Johnson." Josh stated sarcastically. Maya was confused for a second before she remembered.

"You mean the Nick that I was just taking too?" She asked him a she pointed to the hall outside.

"From where I was standing it looked like you two couldn't keep your hands off of each other." Josh said as he stood up from his chair. Maya narrowed her eyes at him.

"Josh I don't know what your talking about." Maya told him as she crossed her arms.

"Maya, you were out there freaking hugging him." He told her. Maya scoffed.

"So now I'm not allowed to hug other guys?" She asked. "Josh you and I aren't even dating yet and your already getting -!" Josh cut her off by grabbing her waist, pulling her in and kissing her.

Maya was a little shocked at first. She did not expect Josh to do something like that. She started to kiss him back and run her hands up his chest before she came back to reality. So suddenly she pushed him back away from her.

"What do you think your doing! You can't just kiss me like that we're not even dating!" She told him as she crossed her arms. Josh sighed.

"Maya I really like you." He started but Maya cut him off.

"Do you? Or was that some type of cave man possession thing that you just did. Because I was talking to some other guy that wasn't you." Maya told him. Josh grabbed her hands and looked her in the eyes.

"No Maya. It's because I really do like you. Yes I was jealous because, I don't like seeing you with other guys in a romantic way. I've been waiting to tell you this since you turned eighteen and I just never knew when the right time was. Nothing has changed since the ski lodge and I really do still like you." Maya smiled at Josh as he looked at the ground and swallowed hard before looking back up at her. "Maya I'm sorry that I got so jealous. Will you please be my girlfriend?" He asked her. Maya smiled before throwing her arms around his neck.

"Yes." She said. Josh smiled before he leaned in and kissed her.

"Just so we're clear there is nothing between you and Nick, right?" Josh asked. Maya swatted his shoulder. "I'm kidding." He said smiling before leaning in and kissing her.
___________________________
Well that's it for my huge updating day! I hope you all enjoy my stories and thank you so much for being so incredibly patent. I'm taking the A/Ns that I did down now that I've updated! Love y'all!