19 | Responsibility

"Thank you, Taehyung." You smiled warmly at the dark haired boy. "I really enjoyed the date."

Due to an unfortunate incident, Taehyung's car had broken down, refusing to even start. He'd left the car in the parking lot, deciding to get it back the next day, and had to pay the worker extra for overnight parking.

The two of you had gotten into a cab (thank the heavens for Uber), and it was only then that Taehyung realised he had forgotten his wallet.

Both of you had to walk back to the restaurant, and then search the entire private area to discover that his wallet had been in his tux's jacket pocket the entire time. Unfortunately for you, it was past midnight by then, and as there were no cabs—the reason for which you were still suspicious about—the two of you had to walk all the way.

That wasn't what you had in mind when you'd thought of a long, romantic walk.

"I'm glad you did." He smiled back, walking beside you with his hands in his pockets. "I'm sure I had much more fun than you."

"That's not true." You pouted playfully, bumping your shoulder with his. "I had as much fun as you did."

He laughed. "I was a little scared that you wouldn't enjoy the date as much, since it seemed like I overdid it. Especially since it was your first." A small, dreamy smile curved his lips. "I'm honored to be the first person to ever take you out on a date."

The chilly wind rushed past your bare skin, making you shiver. Noticing this, Taehyung shrugged off his own jacket before wrapping it around your shoulders.

You shook your head, trying to refuse. "You'll be cold!"

"You need it more than me." He persisted. "It's my fault we're here in the first place, and besides, it's the duty of a gentleman to give the lady his jacket." He grinned at the latter statement.

After a split second of mental debate regarding whether his statement was sexist or not, you smiled, mind going fuck it. I'm too tired for that right now. "Really, though, it's not necessary, Taehyung."

"I insist."

You gave up, simply smiling at him while shaking your head as you wrapped his jacket closer around your shoulders, breathing in his scent. He smelled like mint cologne.

Taehyung noticed your entrapment, and grinned. "It's Gucci, if you wanted to know do bad."

"Show-off," you said, rolling your eyes to hide your embarrassment, but the everlasting smile didn't go anywhere. "We're here."

"It's too soon," the boy mused as he walked you to the gate.

"Too soon?" You scoffed. "Taehyung, it's literally one in the morning."

"I'd rather you stay with me till the sunrise." Taehyung smiled, resting his head close to yours as he turned. "Wake up in my arms."

"Is that creepy or is that creepy?"

"I'm not kidding, Y/N," he said in a low voice, leaning close enough so that you could feel his hot breath on your face. "I'd love to wake up with you."

Good to know...?

His fingers faintly brushed against the side of your arm, the contact sending a current through your skin. Subconsciously, you drew yourself closer to him as he tipped his face forward, eyes glittering in the bare moonlight like discs of pure light.

You could see it coming, but nothing, not even hours of making out with Jimin could prepare you for what was coming.

Taehyung's soft lips pressed against yours, and all thoughts of the bitter cold left your mind, overpowered by the warmth of his hands on your face. You leaned into him, pressing into his warm chest as he pulled you closer evenly, lips moving in perfect harmony with yours.