|1|Our Descending Love

It was 5 o'clock in the evening and Zendaya was sitting at her desk finishing up the last few sentences of her 10-page essay. Her parents were away on a business trip and her older sister was at a party with her friends, leaving Zendaya in the house alone. Not that she liked being alone, in fact, she had been invited to a party that night, but declined due to her assignments.

Zendaya jumps a little as her phone loudly rings from across the room. Trembling lightly, Zendaya slowly gets up, walking over to the bed where her phone sat and picked it up.

She read the caller ID. It read "Trevor", her boyfriend. She hesitated a little, then answered the call.

"Hello?" She softly spoke.

"Hey, Daya. I was wondering if I could come over for a little while?" Trevor asks nervously.

"Uh, sure." Zendaya responds in a dry tone, as she didn't really wanna see Trevor at the moment.

"Okay, cool. I'll be there in a few," Trevor says before hanging up the phone. Zendaya tosses her phone onto the bed, sighing. The last time she had she had seen Trevor is when they argued at the school entrance, in front of everybody, leaving her embarrassed as he ended up admitting to flirting with and kissing another girl.

Zendaya then looked back over at her unfinished essay, no longer motivated to finish it. She then felt a cold breeze against her neck, making her shiver. This confused her, as all the windows in the house were closed and there was no breeze blowing outside.

She then hears a knock at her door. She walks over to her window and looks out of it, spotting Trevor who was standing at the porch with both hands in the pockets of his skinny jeans.

She jogs downstairs to the front door, opening it and meeting eyes with Trevor. Not bothering to greet him, she moves out of the way so he can enter, and he does so.

He immediately walks up the stairs to Zendaya's room with Zendaya following behind him. She gets a weird feeling in her gut, causing her to claw her nails into the railing of the stairs in pain. Trevor doesn't notice this.

They then enter Zendaya's room. Trevor sits on the bed while Zendaya walks over to her desk and sits down with her back facing him. They sit in silence for a few minutes, then Trevor finally breaks the silence.

"So, um..." Trevor mumbles, causing Zendaya to turn around a little.

"There's really nothing to talk about after what you did, Trevor," Zendaya says, her voice sounding a bit deeper than usual.

"Actually, um, there is..." Trevor says as his hands begin to shake and sweat beads drip down his sideburns.

Zendaya then fully turns around, folding her arms and staring at Trevor with eyes full of annoyance but a little curiosity.

"It's about... Cassidy." Trevor finally manages to speak through the high levels of nervousness his was experiencing right now.

Cassidy was the name of the snob who Trevor kissed and had Zendaya standing in embarrassment in front of half of the school.

"What happened?" Zendaya asks.

"Well... you heard about that party that happened last Friday, right?" Trevor asks. Zendaya nods.

"Well, I went, and Cassidy was there," Trevor continues. Zendaya then shoots a sharp glare at Trevor, causing him to get more nervous.

"Long story short, we both got drunk... really drunk, and well... yeah," Trevor quickly spits his words out all at once, shutting his eyes tightly as he was afraid to see Zendaya's facial expression after his confession.