twenty-five

("do you believe that jimin will wake up?" yoongi asked jungkook with a blank look on his face

"i-i don't know," jungkook replied anxiously. "do you?"

"you should already know the answer to that, jungkook," yoongi answered.)

with yoongi's words ringing in his head, jungkook slowly trudged back to taehyung's room. 

he really wished that he could be like yoongi — calm in any situation even if it's knowing that your boyfriend got admitted to a hospital while on the verge of death and now harboring a minuscule as hell chance of waking up.

as he approached taehyung's room, his eyes widened when he noticed that bogum was gone and that taehyung was the only one left in there. glancing down at his wristwatch, he frowned when he saw that it was only 4 in the afternoon and remembered that therapy sessions should normally end around 6. 

looking back up, he saw taehyung turn his head around from where he was staring out the window next to his bed, sharp gaze piercing straight through jungkook right away. 

the purple-haired male then tilted his head slightly, as if beckoning jungkook to enter, to which the younger did after a while of nervous pondering. 

"hi," jungkook greeted. "therapy ended?"

it was as if taehyung had been expecting jungkook to ask exactly that question because he simply scoffed. "why did you never tell me that you didn't like seeing me and bogum-hyung together?" he asked, sighing at how jungkook's posture instantly became tense.

"h-how—"

"don't think that i never noticed you glaring into the back of bogum-hyung's head from outside my room," taehyung pointed out but not hold any bite to his words at all. "i can't even talk to my therapist ordinarily when i see you out there every time with fucking fire in your eyes, like you want to murder bogum-hyung or something."

guilt immediately shot itself at jungkook and he hung his head down, too ashamed to glance back up to meet taehyung's disappointed gaze.

"i'm sorry," was all he could say, because really, what could he say? 

jungkook always knew the real reason behind why he was so jealous of taehyung getting close to bogum. unfortunately, he would never be able to tell taehyung because that'd be putting their current relationship at risk — and jungkook doesn't want that.

if being friends with taehyung was the only way he could stay with the older and protect him at all costs, so be it. 

"you know, if you can't even tell me the truth behind why you've been acting so darn strange lately," taehyung began after exhaling harshly. "if you can't even be honest with me—"

"no!" jungkook blurted out, briefly stunning taehyung. "i'm—you don't understand. i really want to tell you, i want to tell you everything."