Savannah

"I'll be fine." I say for the hundredth time over the phone. Standing in the cafe bathrooms, I run my free hand through my hair, trying to fluff it up.

"I know, but it doesn't stop me from worrying." He says with a sigh. I smile at his concern

"I'll be back soon Nik, love you."

"Love you too." He replies as I cut the call to an end. Sliding my phone into my pocket, I quickly finish fluffing my hair and head back to the table, careful not to bump into anything.

From across the cafe, I spot Alaric and Caroline, Caroline wearing a frustrated expression and a lovely red shirt.

"Well, I've been a little focused on magic bubble duty. And as you can see by the lack of magic in Mystic Falls, it's a spectacular fail of a mission. And now you're telling me that this whole time no one has been doing anything to help Bonnie and Damon?" Caroline asks incredulously.

" I wouldn't exactly say no one." Ric says with a sigh.

__________________________________________________________

"Ooh, are yo going to do that super bad-ass thing where you just appear behind someone and terrify them?" I ask in an excited tone, resulting in Caroline's giggle.

"I tried to do that once but I had a huge bu-" I quickly cut my sentence short, realising my mistake as Caroline raises her eyebrows at me.I furrow my eyebrows in mock confusion.

To my great relief, she merely shrugs her shoulders and vamp speeds us behind a man I am yet to meet, I pretend to be out of breath due to its suddenness, with people yet to know that I am a hybrid.

Caroline coughs, grabbing the mans attention.

" Ha ha, well, well well. Well, there's a blast from the past. Blondie," He says,"Hello gorgeous."

I wink at him, not bothering myself with introductions. They're boring and 5 or so minutes later, you forget their name.

"This is Evie." Caroline says, hurriedly. Like a gentleman, he grabs my hand and places a kiss above it.

"Enzo." He says. I decide not to comment on that for I know I will end up comparing him to a muppet. Apparently people don't like to be compared to muppets...

_______________________________________________________

I sit in Caroline's silver car, don't ask me the model, I don't know cars. Like I was saying, I sit in Caroline's silver car, a coffee in my hand with my head leaned back against the head rest, Caroline's phone on speaker for both of us to hear Elena's voice. Another sign that tells me Caroline doesn't know that I'm a hybrid.

" You're the last person I think would object to me erasing positive memories of Damon from my head." She groans over the phone.

"Yeah, but we are literally chasing a lead. W-what if we find something out? Yeah, you know what if Damon returns home and everything returns back to normal? And you're just sitting there all confused and weird?" Caroline stutters as I release noises in pure annoyance.

"Then Alaric will bring back my memories." Elena says, as if it were no big deal.

"Elena, why must you always take the easy option?" I ask, incredulously. I am almost positive that harder paths have better outcomes.

" I--don't know what to say, I was actually trying to think of what Bonnie would say." Caroline says, gripping my hand for support.

"And...she'd say that you should do what's best for you." I finish for her with a sigh.