When Its Good

Chapter 6: When its good
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AirRen

"Aug its the end of November and you got me walking in the cold." I whined to August.

I felt like we had been walking forever.

"Calm down. We almost there." He said grabbing my hand.

We walked up to this building that looked abandoned.

"Where are we?" I asked as he pulled my hand walking in.

Once inside it looked totally different. It was a dark dimly lit room full of jazz players, singers and dancers. I was memorized by it all.

"Come on." He said pulling me towards a table.

He let out the chair for me and took his seat in front of me . We listened to each player watching all the dancers moves.

I looked across the table watching August. He truly looked happy and that made me feel good.

"What? "He said looking confused.

"Nothing baby. I'm just happy to be with you." He reached for my hands and began to kiss them.

"Now coming to the stage August Alsina ..." the host called. He smiled getting up from the table leaving me confused.

He started to sing 'Love by Musiq Soulchild' I swear everyone in that room got tied up in his voice including me.

He had me and I loved it.

August

The whole time I sung I was watching her. People began to stare and smile at her making her blush.😊😊

Damn I really love her. I finished my set and thanked everyone for listening to my voice.

I loved music and I wanted it to take me far. I walked to the table kissing her cheek.

"Come on. Lets get out of here." I said pulling her up by her waist.

We moved swiftly out of the building into the cold night of NOLA.

"You were great Aug." She said gripping my hand tighter.

"Thank you. Yall are my inspiration to pursue this. My family, you, and -" I couldn't bring myself to say his name.

"Like you told me baby ... don't be sad anymore. Show Mel you gon get yourself and the family outta here and make it through your music. You have a story to tell baby."

She stopped me in my tracks kissing me and wiping the one tear that had fallen.

"You gon make it boo. I know you will." She whispered.

We were close to our houses. I decided to bring her over to my house to eat and be apart of my family again.

Mama had the shit laid out tonight. She had put the girls to bed so it would just be me, her, and AirRen.

"Mmmh I missed you CoCo!" She said hugging her tightly.

"I've missed you too Mama. Its been a while." She said sitting down at the table.

"Well just remember when you and jug head get into remember we're still your family. "

"Dang ma why I gotta be all that?" I said rubbing my head.

"Boo your head is pretty big."

"Maaan! Yall ain't right." I said giving them looks of disappointment before laughing.

" Lets get serious." My mom said before sitting down at the head of the table.

"This feel like some MOB type sh - stuff!" I said trying to lighten the mood but it wasn't working.

"AirRen baby I know that your leaving soon and you will be missed but what's going to happen with you and Aug?" She looked at her then at me.

"Mama to be honest I'm not sure. I would love for him to one day come to Atlanta and keep pursing his music but I know this isn't a perfect world. Its gonna be times where me and Aug don't agree and get mad but I hope our love wouldn't allow any of our feelings to change anything."

My ma nodded her head in agreement.

"And what do you think Aug? " She said staring at me."I mean ma I love her and ain't nun gon change that. When I make it big AirRen is definitely going to be in my future."

"Understood. I hope you guys know this won't be easy. I love the both of you and I know yall love each other.

Make it work because neither of yall will be happy without the other even if its just as friends!" She said hugging us both before walking to the sink.

"Mama you need help?" CoCo asked walking with the rest of the plates.

"No sweetie. You and Aug go ahead." "I love you ma." I said.

"I love you too boy. Where ever yall going dont be grown cuz I'm too young and too fine to have one mo' grandchild right now." She said hugging CoCo.

"Naah ma CoCo too much of a good girl to be throwing it back for me."

They both looked at me shaking their heads.

"Booy get out!" Ma said throwing a sponge at me.

We walked over to AirRen's house and went straight to sleep.
______________________

Comment Whatcha THINK!

#ImOutcheaa✌️

N00NiEE💙💛