Four: Unnoticeable

"Huh?", [Name] widened her eyes in surprise. "Why would you ask me for this?"

"Because you don't trust me", Oikawa replied with conviction and the girl's hesitation only affirmed him about it. "So I thought that maybe if I will show you myself first, then you would eventually open up to me as well", he explained and smiled.

[Name] remained silent, still not convinced about what she should do.

"I'm sure many girls come to your practice...", she tried to shirk.

"But I want particularly you to come", Oikawa insisted and looked at his phone. "The break will end soon, so we should get going. Please, think about it, okay?", he said and headed towards the exit, leaving confused [Name] behind.

What am I doing here?, [Name] thought, standing in front of the entrance to the balcony with the view on the court.

She didn't plan to come here, yet her legs just sent her in this place and, unconciously, she ended up with her hand on the handle of the balcony's door, ready to come inside.

Just a minute, she promised to herself and pushed the door lightly, hoping to enter unnoticed.

The boys were divided into two teams. One team, on the girl's right, was wearing yellow vests, while the second one had only their usual, blue t-shirts. Among the second team, [Name] quickly found Oikawa, who was now preparing to serve. As the whistle clashed through the gymnasium, the boy threw the ball in the air and pushed it with such a strength, that a shiver went through the girl's body.

Even though it was a service ace, she could see Oikawa's dissatisfied expression.

Something in him was different from his usual self one could see in the school. And [Name] knew what was it. She smiled, finally being able to see the real Oikawa.

Oikawa, whose true emotions could be seen only when he was playing volleyball.

It brought back the memories.

"[Name]-chan, you came!", Oikawa exclaimed happily, and the girl jolted.

The rest of the boys looked up at the balcony where she was standing, and suddenly, she felt a number of eyes being locked on her.

She didn't like it. She could feel her face becoming progressively red, and, not able to stand being the centre of attention, she escaped through the door behind her.

"Is she a shy one?", Hanamaki asked, still gaping at the balcony which was now empty.

"Incredibly", Oikawa replied, partly happy that the girl came, and partly confused by her escape.

"Well, good luck", his friend said with a wide grin on his face and he went back to his position.

When the practice finished, Oikawa walked out of the gymnasium with a depressed expression on his face.

[Name] didn't come back, and he just couldn't forgive himself for scaring her out. Such a waste of opportunity to get closer to her...

But as he looked up, he froze in surprise.

The girl who escaped from the practice was standing outside of the gymnasium, leaning on the wall. She was looking on the ground, uncertainty written on her face.

"[Name]?", Oikawa walked up to her slowly.

She nearly jumped, clearly not noticing the boy.

"Oh... Um... Hi", she mumbled, not sure about what to say.

"So you stayed...", the boy said, more to himself than to her.

"Yeah... I was planning to go, but I felt stupid for running away so suddenly, so I stayed to apologise. I really am hopeless", she smiled awry. "I can't even keep to my decisions", she added and Oikawa raised an eyebrow.

What was she talking about?

Noticing the boy's confusion, [Name] waved her hands in front of her quickly.

"Sorry, I was talking to myself", she said and bowed. "I'm sorry for running away!", she exclaimed and turned around ready to leave, but the boy's voice stopped her.

"[Name]-chan, actually... I wanted to ask you about this yesterday, but it turned out differently than I planned... Can I walk you home?", he asked.

The girl raised an eyebrow. She thought about it for a moment and she sighed.

This one time...

"Okay", she replied.

This one time she will let somebody reach her.

Just this evening.