♤43

"Jungkook, please no.." I begged as he ignored me.

"We'll see you tomorrow then?" Jungkook asked and I looked up at the lady who casually drank her tea.

"No" she placed her cup down, "tomorrow's the full moon. The moon God's powers will be at the maximum and I can't promise your survival".

"What do we do then?" He asked.

"Today is best" She shrugged, glancing at the zodiac calender that hung on her wall, "Its perfect".

"But we have arrangements to make.." Taehyung started and I only turned to glare at him for the n'th time.

I didn't like her 'plan' one bit. She was basically leading us to Kook's death which was the last thing I'd want in this universe. Annoyed, I questioned, "Are you with her?".

"Her idea is our only way out, Chae.." Taehyung started, "you wouldn't want your daughter to witness the death of her mate now, would you?"

"Are you fucking kidding me? I'm about to witness my own mate's death! I'm not ready to lose Jungkook and I don't even know who she is! This is not  help, Tae! This is murder!" I yelled.

"Chae Joo Eun!" Jungkook snapped and I turned to him with angered eyes.

"Give us a minute" he excused himself and led me out of her house, with the palm of his hand pressed against my back.

Once we were out, he closed the door shut and I felt a tad bit relieved at the cold hair hitting my skin.

The street was empty and there was barely any human walking on the road.

"Jungkook, I think we should leave" I held onto his hands, pleading.

"No, baby listen.." He started and I shook my head.

"She isn't qualified. She's a nobody " I argued.

"Shush" he placed a finger on my lips and I only stared at him.

"She can help us" Jungkook began and I listened, " Taehyung brought us to her because he thought she could help us and I trust him with my life. He wouldn't bring us here if he wasn't two hundred percent sure about all this".

"Tae could be wrong!" I tugged at his shirt, tears welling up, "i could lose you".

"You will not" he shook his head and a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm not ready for this. Please Kookie. Don't do this to me" I sobbed as tears streamed down my face.

"We'll fix everything" he assured and I shook my head before wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my face against his chest in a much needed hug.

"I can't do this" I cried.

"You can" He encouraged, "I want to break this once and for all. Let her explain this to you once more and we'll get it over with today itself".

There was silence for a while as I contemplated whether I should just run from here or go back and listen to what the woman had to offer.

"Hmm" I hesitantly hummed. Knowing that my answer would still be a 'no', no matter how many times she explained the same stupid plan to me.

-

We were back in the living room and the tea had gotten cold. The girl raised a brow at me when I quietly sat down and asked her to walk me through the plan once more.

"The curse says, if Jungkook marks you, he dies. Right?" She questioned and I nodded.

"Who's cursed?"

" I am" I answered, pain laced in my voice, which was eased by Jungkook keeping his arm around my waist and drawing soothing circles on my skin.

"Now, think of this as a triangle" She said as she grabbed a piece of paper and drew a triangle on it.

"On the three corners, there are : birth, mating and death" She said, "this holds good for all the wolves and werewolves".

I nodded.

"Now, you start with birth, you find your mate, breed, grow old and die, only to be reborn again and continue the cycle. Yes?" Her dark eyes looked straight at me and I hummed.

"In your case, there's birth, there's mating and the curse goes hand in hand with death. I know it's  confusing but to make it all simple, it's just that the curse is like a thread that's wrapped around the triangle of your life without a loose end. If you want to take that thread out, you gotta break the triangle. Get it?"

"Yes. How do you do it?" I asked, making Jungkook smile and kiss the side of my face as he tightened his grip around me.

"Breaking the triangle? Well. Naturally, he's destined to die. We let him die and bring him back to life" She explained.

"Wait..what do you mean? How's it gonna help? I don't get it" I furrowed my brows.

She sighed audibly, "girl.." She started  and I listened, "does your mother have a mark that her mate gave her?".

I was taken aback at the unexpected question. Slowly, I shook my head, "No".

I had watched mom change in front of me. Even though I hadn't seen the woman completely naked, I had definitely seen her in her bra and panties,  even helped her put on a dress on various occasions and I was pretty sure I'd remember if I noticed a bite mark on her skin.

"See.. There lies your answer. The moment Jungkook marks you, he dies and the mark on your skin disappears" She smiled, "we bring him back, and make him mark you again. And this time, he lives. Because, we are doing something that doesn't run along the triangle. There's birth, mating and death..which in his case, is not really death. So, you're breaking the natural order. You are making an alteration, tiny enough to disrupt everything  and break the continuous cycle. The triangle is broken and the thread(curse) comes off. Then on, he marks you again and it's just the same old cycle of life, without a terrible curse to pass on" She smirked.

She made all the sense in the world. She sounded convincing and intelligent. She knew what she was talking about. But, the only thing that bothered me was, how could she bring back someone who was dead?

It was a risk I wasn't willing to take. Especially with Jungkook's life at stake.

"So he dies.." My voice was low and she nodded.

"And you bring him back?" I asked again and she nodded to that too.

"How would you do that?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Well, I have my ways" She grinned and for once, I felt a little confident about her, but still, this wasn't something I wanted to do.

---

AN:

Is it confusing? :( I'm sorry, I tried to make it as understandable and as less complicated as I could.