10. Night to remember

Chloe's POV

"I am just enjoying the view." He said, with his head slightly tilted as he deeply looked into my eyes.

"Huh?"

It was an immediate reaction. He caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting that at all. The entire ride I kept looking at him through the corner of my eyes, I just couldn't help. He looked marvelous, like a royal prince. My heartbeat was fast like always and every time I saw him I got even more nervous. Yes, I knew he was looking at me as well. This is why I asked him, but he gave a very unexpected reply.

It wasn't soon when we reached the event. Though it was just a business event, the amount of press gave me a feeling of the Met Gala. My mouth hung open as my hands started shaking. Our car was still a little away so the press didn't crawl over our car like they did to the others. Mr. Valentino noticed my nervousness and he asked in his most gentle voice.

"Chloe, are you okay?"

I looked at him and his face reflected concern. I replied in a low voice, "I umm, I'm just nervous. There are so many people here."

"Oh, well it's a huge event and many celebrities are also a part of it, that's why paparazzi are lined up. We can wait till you are calm. Don't worry." He assured me.

"But I-"

"No. It's totally fine. Don't pressurize yourself so much. It's just an event, you don't have to worry so much." He said with a little smile as he gently placed his warm palm on my cold fingers.

I suddenly felt my heart racing while the feel of his soft skin against mine just made everything even more pleasing. His hand looked huge in front of my small palm as his long fingers reached my wrist. I looked down covering my heated up cheeks. His touch was magnetic as it sent shivers down my spine. But his mere smile made me comfortable and relieved.

We got out of the car and as expected a whole crowd of photographers surrounded us. Well, mainly Christian Valentino. They all called out his name amongst those flashes for him to give them a single look. I mean, even though he's a business tycoon, his looks don't fail to captivate audiences and people falling for his charms.

He held my waist, pulling me closer to him to which I looked at him. My heart wasn't in control with all these people with expensive and heavy shooting equipment looking at me like I'm not human. I felt like I was looking weird because of how they all stared and in the mist, his hand on my waist wasn't helping the situation in any way.

He came closer to my face and whispered in my ear slowly, "You're looking beautiful, don't be nervous. I'm right here."

I looked at him and he gave me a sweet smile. That curve on his face gave me assurance and I took a deep breath trying to calm myself. We walked through the lights and entered a huge hall. A huge chandelier that screamed expensive welcomed us as my eyes traveled to the big middle staircase that led upstairs. The room was filled with the fragrance of flowers and alcohol. 

My heels stomped on the glass like marble floor as we walked in. The smell of alcohol and expensive perfume was dissolved in the air inside while a little murmuring occasionally got louder as we walked past certain people. The place was noisy yet quiet. Every huge window was covered with velvet maroon curtains restricting the paparazzi to get a glimpse of the inside.

Pretty would be an understatement because every woman in the room was so glamorous. They all looked so rich and that huge part of my insecurity just grew larger as I looked at every woman. Yes, you can say I was checking them out. Many business tycoons and famous people, as Mr. Valentino mentioned, were present there.