SEVEN

SEVEN: THE UPSIDE DOWN?

KATHERINE, NANCY, AND JONATHAN sat on the hood of Jonathan's shitty old car eating their lunch, as they explained the events of last night to Nancy.

"So you gave me a ride home instead of Steve?" Nancy asked.

Jonathan nodded. "I mean he was upset, he was really upset, so I gave you a ride home," Jonathan explained. "He still cares about you," he added noticing how sad she was.

"Hey, people say stupid things when they are wasted," Kat said. Or do stupid things, she thought to herself. "They say stuff they don't mean,"

"Yea but that's the thing," Nancy said to the two. "I don't know if I didn't mean it or not. It is like there has been this thing just following me around like this -"

"Weight you've been carrying around," Jonathan finished her sentence. "All the time, I feel it too,"

"Well it's different for you, Will came home," Nancy said. Katherine raised her eyebrow.

"Yea, yea he did, but he isn't the same," Jonathan explained. "I mean I try to be there for him, but it never helps, maybe things just can't go back tot he way they were,"

"I am really missing something aren't I?" Katherine cut in. "But doesn't that make you mad?"

"Mad?" Jonathan asked.

"Yea, mad. That the people who took Will are responsible for ruining lives," Katherine shrugged. "My brothers deal with it a lot,"

"The people responsible for this are dead," Jonathan said.

"Do you really believe that?" Nancy asked. The silence was causing tension before Nancy spoke up again. "Your mom's boyfriend, works a radio shack right?"

"Yea," Jonathan nodded. "Why?"

"Do you two want to skip fourth period?" Nancy asked.

Katherine nodded, as did Jonathan and the three climbed into the car. As they pulled out of the parking lot, Kat caught a glimpse of Billy, and some brunette standing by his car, with his arm around her. Katherine felt her blood begin to boil as she saw the two get into his car together.

"What a fucking asshole," Katherine mumbled, causing Jonathan to turn and send her a questioning glare. "Well, I guess it is only fair that you know too. I slept with Billy Hargrove and now that manwhore is with another chick,"

"Is Kat jealous?" Nancy teased her.

"Yes! We had fucking sex! S-E-X. Now he is probably gonna go do it with some other girl," Kat huffed. "We literally made out together two hours ago!"

Jonathan chuckled from the driver's seat. Kat sent him a death glare in the mirror. "I swear to god, Steve is already on my kill list, you don't want to be on it too, don't tell a soul Byers," Katherine snapped.

THE TRIO GOT TO THE WHEELER house after their little adventure to Radio Shack, and they were met with Nancy's mother.

"Mom!" Nancy said as the three walked into the house.

"Jonathan? Nancy?" her mom called. "What a pleasant surprise! And who is this?" her mother nodded to Kass.

"Katherine Winchester, me and my brothers moved here a week ago," Kat explained.

"Well it's nice to meet you," her mom said. "You went to radio shack?"

"Yea, my walkman broke," Nancy said. "We are just gonna be studying for a big English test tomorrow,"

"Bye Mrs. Wheeler," Katherine and Jonathan said in unison before the three awkwardly made their way upstairs.

"Are you sure about this?" Jonathan asked as he paced around Nancy's bedroom.

"Yes," Kat said.

"No," Nancy replied, the two girls looking at each other.

"Listen, you just have to call her and tell her where to meet that's all. It's no big deal, " Katherine explained. "You got this,"

Nancy nodded as she pinned the dial and called Barb's mom. Jonathan and Nancy had given her the lowdown on what had happened the past year, with Barb going missing, Will going missing and the upside down. So technically Bobby Singer was right about something being here.

"Just meet me at the park tomorrow, and don't tell anyone. Don't call me back, we will talk tomorrow," Nancy said before hanging up.

"See it isn't that hard," Katherine said. "Now tomorrow when you meet her at the park be safe, and if anything goes wrong, call me. Go to the guy's house, and be back by the next day, or things will look bad. If anything goes wrong, call me, I will come to get you," Kat explained.

"How are you so good at this?" Jonathan asked.

"I- Uh," Katherine said, she didn't really want to lie anymore to them. "Okay, I haven't been completely honest with you guys and why my brothers and I are in Indiana,"

"We are hunters," Kat began. "Not animal hunters -supernatural hunters, like demons, ghosts, vampires, omens, those kinds of hunters. We heard there was weird stuff going on here so we came out to check it out and that's what my brothers have been doing. They think it is all in the lab out in the forest,"

"Our parents were killed by demons, and we thought the demon who killed them was here, but he isn't. We are just here on a job and then we leave again," Katherine explained.

"So you-you are a hunter?" Nancy asked.

Katherine nodded. "Like you can shoot a gun?" Nancy asked again.

"I can use guns, knives, stakes, you name it I can use it," Kat smiled weakly.

"Holy shit," Jonathan said. "So you should be coming with us,"

"I can't, I am pretty sure someone needs to take care of Steve while you two are away, or else he will get into too much trouble this town can handle," Katherine smiled. "Just be careful okay?"

"Okay," Nancy smiled. The Winchester girl than pulled the two friends into a hug, and as she let go she smiled. "I am so happy I don't have to lie to you two anymore, about anything really,"

"I still can't believe you had sex with Billy freaking Hargrove," Nancy smiled.

"I know, now shut up about it I get it - it won't ever happen again," Katherine laughed. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do,"

AN/
wow I love updating this book
comment and like :)