Chapter 26

Vandailia sat at the top of a tall spruce tree. She let her feet dangle over the edge of the branch she sat on. She wasn't scared of falling off the tree, in fact she felt very at peace high in the air. She watched the forest wildlife as it buzzed past her.

Vandailia was in the woods some distance away from the school. She just didn't want to be near the school and have to think of all the people looking for her. She didn't know anything happened or if anyone had even noticed she was gone. Vandailia didn't really care.

Vandailia watched as a gray wolf padded in the woods below her. She didn't expect it to suddenly shift into a boy she instantly recognized. Her heart lurched at the sight of Owen, so much she thought she might have fallen off the branch. She wanted to scream out to him, to say how much she missed him, but something held her back.

She watched as Owen went to the base of a nearby tree and sat, looking around the forest. Vandailia quietly hid closer behind the green branches of the tree. She wanted Owen to see her and notice her, but she knew he couldn't, not now.

Finally, Vandailia managed to tear her eyes away from Owen. The very sight of him filled her with so many emotions she thought she may burst. Vandailia leaned back against the trunk of the tree and tried not to think about the sad boy sitting below her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit beside Grayson on the terrace, overlooking the grounds in front of the school. The massive doors of the school are locked below us. The professors have started to not let students outside, fearing the Mystic Protectors (who have been on the loose since yesterday) would find us. Owen has started staying in his room, by himself, since he has nothing else to do.

"How does your shoulder feel?" I ask Grayson, lacing my fingers in his.

Grayson shrugs a little. "It feels fine. Mrs. Wellsby just said she needed to make sure everything healed fine. I think I'll be in classes tomorrow."

"We've started to train in EC. Professor McKinley ment it when she said the teachers wouldn't hold anything from us anymore." I tell him.

"That's good." Grayson says. "I think we need to be prepared."

I nod a little and stare at the ground, thinking.

Grayson must notice because he says. "Is something troubling you?"

"Yes." I admit. "Zeithman has the same Electra as me. How could Isa not read his mind, and yet she can read mine just fine?"

"Hey," Grayson says, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear. "He obviously must have trained himself or something. We both know he has special training."

"Do you think I could train myself?" I ask him.

Grayson turns to look me in the eye. "Yes. You just have to find someone to train you."

The sun starts to sink beneath the horizon, casting the sky many colors. The glow of the sky lights everything in a pinkish tint. The sunset reflects off of Grayson's tawny hair. Grayson puts his arm around me and we watch the sunset together.

  That night I sneak out of the room once Isa is asleep. I knock on Professor McKinley's door. "I need you to train me." I say, once she opens the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Zeithman heard a knock on the door of the small hotel room. He closed the lid on his laptop and walked over to the door. Once he opened the door he saw Mel, still with bandages from the Elementum boy at the school. Mel had been promoted to his right hand man after he had been very helpful at the school.

"Come on in, Mel." Zeithman said, gesturing to the small hotel room where he had temporarily set up. After they left the school, The Mystic Protectors had went to a nearby town. They had found a small Marriott where there wasn't too much people. Then, using his immense wealth, Zeithman had bought the use of an entire floor. Of course, Zeithman and Mel each had an entire room for themselves, while everyone else shared a room.

"What do you need, Mel?" Zeithman asked, once he had entered.   
  "Well,sir. I was just wondering if you wanted me to find a place to set up training." Mel said.

"Oh, you can just use a conference room here." Zeithman said pouring himself a glass of wine.

"Are you sure the hotel will let us use that room?" Mel asked. He always wanted to make sure his boss never got in trouble, especially since he had been promoted.

Zeithman casually plucked a hundred dollar bill from his pocket. "If they don't let us, give them this. It should work." He said holding out the bill.

"Great." Mel said, stepping forward to take the money from Zeithman.

"While you're here," Zeithman started. "I need someone to spy on the school. Not you, your too noticeable now. Do we have any other shifters?"

"No." Mel said. "But we do have Jeremy."

"Jeremy?" Zeithman repeated, unfamiliar with the name. He had a lot of men and he tended to forget them from time to time.

"The invisi." Mel said. An invisi Electra has the ability to turn completely invisible at will.

"Ah, yes." Zeithman said, swishing his wine around in his glass.
    "He will be great. If you don't mind, bring him to me."

"Of course." Mel said, turning and leaving the room. Zeithman went back to his laptop and instantly went back to his reasearch.