Chapter III

[ J O R D A N    C R O S S ]

As expected, my day was not going as well as it would if Allison were here. I am once again left alone to my own thoughts, without a shoulder to cry on, suddenly back to the usual. Here I was, sitting in the classroom where my third period will take place. I was most definitely not excited, because I forgot to do my homework and our teacher is an ass, like a big walking ass. If you're not terrified yet, she also gives us negative marks for uncompleted homework.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to bargain my way out of the negative. I was the school's signature nerd after all, wasn't I? Biology class, was never one of my favorites, let me tell you. I'm only taking it because of my mother, she had always suggested taking it so I had a plan B, if my initial life plans were demolished.

You may ask, but Jordan, what is the plan A? Well, I've always wanted to be a writer, nobody knew this, except for my family, part of the cause is because I don't talk to anyone but my family, but that's beside the point. I've always enjoyed writing short pieces of work, that I put my thoughts into. It's a good coping mechanism, to put your thoughts on paper when you don't have anyone but your own head to lean on.

Writing is as crucial to my life as breathing, if you were to ask me, okay... I'll admit it, I'm over-exaggerating, but still. It's a huge part of my life, I've been writing since I was ten years old, and here I am, on the brink of eighteen, still enjoying something as simple as writing a few hundreds or even thousands of words on a piece of paper. Even though no one reads my work, and probably never will, you already probably know why. Even though I prefer writing over reading, I still enjoy sinking my time into some pieces, preferably written in the Renaissance period of time. It still fascinates me that things have taken such a radical turn as the human era was approaching Baroque.

Here I was thinking about things that didn't matter at the time, instead of focusing on things like: what the fuck is going to happen, when the evil witch of a teacher, whose name is ironically Mrs. Sunshine, finds out about the absence of my homework. Speaking of the evil witch, she barged into the classroom around five minutes before the bell rung a smile started dancing on her face as soon as she saw me sitting in the usual front desk, where everyone neglected sitting at, for good reasons. Trust me, if you were in this witch's class and you were sitting in the front row of desks, you'd want to be buried six feet under.

Just look at me, I'm a nerd and I'm cursing that bitch out, there must be something wrong with her, when even the nerd calls her evil, right? Secretly, ever since she had made her appearance in class, I had been examining her behavior and something was most definitely off, she appeared to be happy. I bet she's going to give us a surprise quiz, that's why teachers are usually happy right? They love ruining kids who are struggling with their academics. I bet, I'm going to turn her smile upside down, by breaking the dreadful news; I could honestly see this as a headline in the school's newspaper, "Our Resident School Nerd Has Forgot to Do His Homework!" Wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. As if any school paper writes about something useful nowadays.

The clock had struck stuck nine fifty, and the highly dreaded school bell had gone off, signalizing the start of third period. I had so many regrets with my choices, that I have made when I was choosing my subjects, but oh well, can't change shit now. Suddenly, the rest of my designated biology class group barged in through the doors, except only two were missing, yep, you guessed it, the Lewis siblings. As soon as everyone had taken their seats, the evil bitch-witch, both work, spoke her first words. "Good morning class! Today is a special day! We're going to take a quick little pop-quiz to ensure we've learned something since last time we've seen each other."