Chapter Thirty-Six: Oxycontin

Mitch woke up in Jerome's arms, he smiled, missing the feeling. He turned himself towards Jerome move, burying his face under Jerome's chin. He felt Jerome's hand clutch his shirt, that's when he remembers. He pulls away from Jerome, Jerome groans in pain.

"I'm so sorry. I forgot. Are you okay?" Mitch asks Jerome as he sat up. Jerome touched his bandaged throat, nodding a little. Jerome opened his eyes, looking at Mitch. Jerome tugged on Mitch's shirt, Mitch laid back down. Jerome rests his head on Mitch's shoulder. With Jerome not being able to speak for a while, Mitch knew things would get awkward real fast between them. And it did. But before he could move, he felt Jerome's body relax against his right side. Which that means that Mitch can't move at all.

But he didn't want to go back to sleep, the truth is that his nightmares are coming back. The nightmares he remembers having during his coma, and it scared him. Some of them being new to him, but he doesn't remember half of his dreams or nightmares he had when he was in a coma. He was also scared because it was Friday, and Friday means that he is supposed to go see Carrie. He didn't want to go, he hated going. He felt like a liar everything he walked into her office. He knew what he did to himself, and he knew it was bad, but he isn't comfortable talking to anyone about it. He rather bottle it up and never say a word. But bottling it up is what he did with Jessica and her abuse, and look at what happened as a result of it.

Mitch is guessing she saw on the news, the report of some drunk passing out in his home, and taken to the hospital. He still couldn't believe that Lillian had to protect him, he was grateful. But after everything that has happened, he feels like he should be able to face her. He was going to, he was gonna tell her to get out and never come back. But when he saw her, he froze, every bad memory surfaced and he couldn't get a word out. It was like he was her puppet again, and he didn't want that. Mitch felt Jerome kiss his cheek, Mitch looked down at Jerome. Jerome's thumb rubs against Mitch's cheek, wiping tears away. He didn't even realize he was crying or trembling actually at all. Jerome puts his arm up by Mitch's head, propping himself up so he can look down at Mitch. Mitch looks at his arm and then into his eyes.

"J-Jerome, don't. Your stitches--" Jerome leans down, his lips grazing Mitch's. Mitch froze up again. But melted when the warm feeling of Jerome's thumb rubbing his cheek went through him. Mitch's hand moves into Jerome's hair making Jerome smile at him. Their foreheads touching, Jerome pecked a kiss on Mitch's nose. Mitch smiled at Jerome. Mitch loses his smile, looking at Jerome's bandages. "Doesn't that hurt?" Mitch mumbled to him. Jerome's eyes look away.

"N-No." He lied. Mitch covered Jerome's mouth with his hand.

"Don't speak! The doctor said no talking till your throat is better." Mitch said. Jerome licks Mitch's hand. "Nghh! Gross." Mitch takes his hand away, Jerome smiles. Mitch does as well, he leans down kissing him. Mitch returns it, his arms encompassing Jerome's waist. After a few moments, Jerome breaks the kiss, resting his face into the crook of Mitch's neck. Jerome closed his eyes, his arms around Mitch's waist. Mitch rests his head against Jerome's, staring at the ceiling. He felt Jerome fall asleep, so he closed his eyes, waiting for himself to fall asleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
*TimeSkip*
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Mitch grabbed Rob's arm, stopping him. Rob looked at him.

"I-I need you to do something for me," Mitch said. Rob nods.