↳ 31. IRL

VALERIA WATCHED BUZZFEED UNSOLVED by herself with a bowl of popcorn on her lap

VALERIA WATCHED BUZZFEED UNSOLVED by herself with a bowl of popcorn on her lap. This was by far the highlight of her week with trying to avoid Tom every five minutes at work to getting stuff together for Taika and Chris for a scene that they needed. To say the least, Val was trying to relax her sad self and stuff her face with as much food as she could.

And on the topic of food, she ordered pizza and had no clue when it was suppose to come. But either way, it left Valeria time to wallow in her sadness and slight anger since Fiona was off at a friend's house for the night. Her daughter worried to even go, knowing that something was going on with her mom, but went after Valeria told her to multiple times.

Annie dropped by a few hours ago and tried to comfort her, but it ended up with Annie being a wise friend and telling her to just talk it out with Tom. Thought it was a good idea, Valeria couldn't face him just yet. She can't even process the fact that he remembered and lied to her about what happened. Though, she does understand why he would, but she didn't like that he still did it.

The doorbell rang loudly, causing Valeria to break out of her thoughts and rip off the many blankets that covered her body. She reached for her wallet on the table next to her before jogging towards the door and opening it, "Uh- how much do I owe you?" she searched through her wallet for her bills.

"Nothing, if anything I owe you." a familiar voice said, making the woman snap her head upwards to find Tom holding her pizza box. Her arms dropped to her side as she stared at in shock. "Val-"

"Nope nope, I'm not doing this!" she tried to shut the door in his face, but his foot was wedge between. Valeria groaned and tried to step on his foot to get him to stop. "Tom, I swear to god-!"

Tom sighed and used the rest of his strength to open the door when Valeria gave up, giving her a soft look. "I'd like to explain myself and say a sincere apology as we feast on pizza."

She squinted her dark eyes at him before taking the pizza box from his arms. "Fine, but you better work fast or else I'll get bored and fall asleep."

Tom closed the door behind him while Valeria walked over to the couch with the large pizza box in hand and then turned off the TV. He watched as she kicked off the blankets on the couch and onto the floor and chuckled softly. Then he took a seat next to her, the pizza box coming between them.

They each took a slice but Valeria immediately began to eat as Tom watched her before looking away. "I guess I should start explaining myself, huh?"

"Mhm, that would be a smart decision to make." Valeria nodded as she took another bite of her pizza.

"I never intended to hurt you, Val. I... I couldn't afford to jeopardize our friendship. It means a whole lot to me, you don't even understand-"