9

After my shower, I changed into black leggings, a white tank top and a hoodie I found on Jason's side of the closet. I walked downstairs and sat down at the counter.

"Hello Ms. Sydney, what would you like?" asked the cook.

"Just some coffee please," I replied.

"Mr. King asked me to make sure you eat this morning," he said quietly.

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, can I have scrambled eggs and toast please?" I asked.

"No problem Miss." he turned to the stove.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Roger Burbank." he smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Roger." he turned back to me and smiled as he gave me my food.

I finished up my food and thanked Roger. I left the kitchen and went to find Madi when something tiny ran into me. I looked down to see a little boy with short brown hair and big blue eyes.

"I sowwy Miss." said the little boy

"It's okay Bambino," I said while crouching down to his level. "What's your name?"

"Patrick." he smiled a toothy grin.

"That's a cool name, I'm Sydney. Where's your mamma?"

That's when a lady with wavy brown hair and brown eyes came running into the room. "Patrick there you are! You can't go running off like that."

"I'm sowwy mama," said Patrick as he ran over and hugged her legs. She sighed and then noticed me.

"Hello, you must be Sydney. I'm Samantha, Sean's wife."I stood up and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you both." I messed up Patrick's hair a bit which caused him to giggle.

Samantha smiled. "Let's go talk in the living room." we sat on the couches while Patrick sat on the floor playing with some toy trucks. " so, how has it been, being here so far?"

"It's been fine, well as fine as being forced to stay in a gang house with a crazy man claiming I'm his." she laughed at that.

"Yeah I heard about that, sucks."

I snorted. " tell me about it."

The front door opened and in walked Sean. He saw Sam and Patrick and walked over to us. He gave Sam a kiss then picked up Patrick.

"Hello my love, Hey little man, want to go play upstairs" Patrick replied with a nod and they left to their room. Sam and I smiled as she stood up. "I'm going to go up with them, but if there is anything you need you can come find me."

"Know any way out?" I laughed.

She chuckled and started her way to the stairs. She stopped halfway. She looked upstairs then back at me before replying. "The guys will be gone most of the day tomorrow on a deal. If you are planning on leaving I'd do it then."

"Thanks."

She nodded and as about to continue upstairs when she said one last thing. "The guards around the house change hourly with a three-minute gap, and I'd leave from the east side of the house, it's the weakest part." With that, she went upstairs.

Looks like I'm going to be getting out of here tomorrow...