I WON THE FANFICTION AWARDS????????

so idk if y'all remember but i entered the fanfiction awards like a bajillion years ago and i accidentally took a hiatus (whoops) and i looked today and I WON?????????

like???

yeah??? for real?????

i actually won???

to commemorate I will reveal the highly embarrassing "merrychristmooose History of Writing."

The first series that really got me into reading was Harry Potter. I was in an airport going to Hong Kong from Thailand (We leaves there for 3 months) and my dad offered to get it for me to read on the plane. I finished it the afternoon of the next day and I was hooked. After that, I read them all* up to halfway through the 7th book (then we had to go back to the US).  When we got back, I created one of the first OC's I ever wrote down: Natalie.

*Fun fact: I finished The Order Of the Phoenix in the mountains of Chang Mai. That's my favorite book of the series, with the Half Blood Prince and the Deathly Hallows as close seconds.

i started seriously writing when i was in like 4th or 5th grade when my parents separated. I got really into reading and writing to cope with it and i started my first book on quotev.com about Percy Jackson. My OC's name was Jade (no last name, bc why would I do that) and she was basically the typical "literally gorgeous but I'm always getting hurt also i have super special powers." She was the daughter of bast and Zeus (this literally kills me to write it was the worst). Obviously, I was a hip™️ kid.

I remember it being SO BAD but I wrote like a gazillion chapters of that thing. Almost no one read it but seeing those 16 likes or whatever made me super happy and helped with what I was going through. I even finished it and planned to write a sequel but I lost interest in the story.

I stayed on quotev and started a lot of other stuff, I experimented with writing my own stuff, I wrote preferences and other fanfics. The Percy Jackson one was technically the only fanfic I ever completed. Eventually, a lot of the stuff I did on quotev was roleplaying (dear god help me).

And then came doctor who.

I LOVED doctor who. Literally more than anything in the world. I had a doctor who backpack, phone case, lunch box, jewelry, t-shirts, posters, tardis fairy lights, and pretty much ever other piece of memorabilia you could have. And so was born Edelyn Haths (I had to change her last name after I watched the episode with the fish people).

She was basically my oc baby. I never really wrote anything down about her because it was always changing. But I loved it.

Eventually I got on Wattpad and started writing more. I got better and better and eventually, I created this account.

Originally it was just for this book I was writing for Jurassic world called Life During Death and that was the first "big" story I had. It's also where I got my pen name, Elise Campbell (that was the name of the main character). After that, I started writing more and people liked it and eventually I wrote this story.

I never thought that I would ever get close to having a popular story. The support that I got for this book was absolutely overwhelming and I am so, so incredibly grateful for everyone's amazing encouragement. This book has 75 thousand views, almost 2.5 thousand likes and over a thousand comments and now I have an award for it????

I am so, so grateful for everything you all have done for me. For voting, commenting, nominating me for the fan fiction awards, and really just by reading this, you all have given me so much happiness and confidence. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. ❤️

I don't know if I'll write anymore to this, maybe I'll write an ending, but I just want you to know what an amazing gift you, the reader, has given me. Thank you a million times over.

Your loyal author,

Elise