Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Summer's POV

I would most likely have beat Aiden home if I didn't make sure Samantha got out of the country savely. I met up with her at our old hide out-about two mile away form the Remington pack. She was terrified but I promised her I'd help her. So I ran with her to Canada where there were little werewolves. She'll start a new life, find her mate and be safe.

I told her to call me. I don't care what Aiden has to say about it. I'm talking to her everything time I go to bed. I have to make sure she's okay. And if she was in danger, I would go to her aid. I'm sure Rain would join me, because Sam was a second sister to Rain. All three of us were unbelievably close. Until I was thought to be killed and we seperated. I wasn't shock that that was what everyone though. Aiden has no mercy with killing rogues. He was going to kill my best friend. And that struck me at the core and hurt me more that anything. More than Carl's beatings or Luke's bites. 

When I got to be pack house, everyone was in the living room, chatting it up. Rain bombarded me with hugs and questions. I laughed and looked back to see Jamie, Caitlyna and Kiera come over and surround me. 

"I heard you and Aiden mated!" Jamie.

"I heard you fought!" Caitlyn.

"I heard father came and ruined everything!" Rain. 

"Who's this Samantha chick?!" Kiera. Rain looked over at Kiera before she hugged my waist.

"It's Summer's best friend. They've known each other since they were two months old. They were inseperable and unbeatable together. And I'm serious. We used to play this two on two game. Alpha and Beta against them...they lost. Summer and Sam...They beat everyone. I guess its's because they know each others weaknesses and strengths. When our mother passed away and Carl took us away from the pack, Samantha is the only one who kept in contact with Summer. They met us at this secret hideout every Tuesday and Saturday. When Carl was out at the clubs. Samantha saved Summer. Not physically. But she was Summer's rock. Summer was tortured everyday from Carl and the messes I got in. She was weak and tired. Exhausted. Weren't you Summer?" Rain looked at me. Tears were rolling down my cheeks as memories flooded into mind.

"Well, Sam was her medicine. She made Summer laugh and smile. And who can make an extremely depressed, deprived, exahusted and weak girl laugh when they world is closing in on them? Samantha. Always Samantha. Samantha went rogue. When she heard the pack's plan on killing Summer. Who does that? Who goes rogue cause their best friend is targeted? It's pretty much suicide knowing her mate is the Alpha of the rogue slaughter pack. She just couldn't be part of Summer's death." Rain finished. Everyone was staring at me. I couldn't handle it. I broke down and dropped my head into my hands. 

"Summer...I'm so sorry about your best friend. I'm so, so sorry. She sounds amazing." Kiera hugged me and I gripped onto her as I felt my legs give in. Kiera gasped and grabbed onto me. "Summer, have you eatened today?" She asked. I was going to say I had breakfast but I didn't. Aiden and I got distracted... I shook my head no. "Shit." 

I grew weak and fell to the ground. "Someone, get her food and water. Aiden!" Jamie screamed. I shook my head and moved to get up but they were holding me down. "Jimmy, come quickly. I think she has a concussion." Jamie hollered at her brother. I moaned and planced a hand on my forehead. 

"Leave it. I-I'm-" I felt a force fly up to my throat and I rolled to my side and puked out mostly liquid. I felt someone pick me up.

"Aiden's gone. I'll take care of her." Jimmy said and laid me down on the couch. I felt a washcloth with ice in it pressed against my head and I let out a whimper at the pain. I closed my eyes as Rain grabbed my hand.