- "if they matter enough, you just do" -

PETER WAS IN THE MIDST OF A CRISIS

He didn't think anyone noticed-not really. He thought he was doing a pretty good job at hiding all of it; but the blank stares, zoning out, and sudden bursts of facial expression were not very sly, and it showed up on all of his friends radars.

Ned chose to ignore it. He knew Parker, and he knew him for longer than the other two- when Peter said he wanted to be alone, he wanted to be alone. And maybe he hadn't said it, but it was clear on Peter's face that he did not want to be messed with.

Jade mostly ignored it, but she did ask Elenora if she knew what was going on with Parker. Out of the three of them, Elenora did seem to know Parker the best, and she definitely spent the most time with him- unfortunately, Elenora couldn't provide an answer.

She was worried, needless to say, how could she not be? Suddenly, the good looking, dorky, intelligent boy she knew wasn't himself-well, he was still cute and smart, but where was his lightheartedness?

Elenora was too nervous to ask about it, but it was clear to Peter that she was picking up on something considering the way she's give him those small smiles that she was perfect at, and she offered him her pudding cup from lunch that they had previously fought about the days before.

"C'mon, Elenora, you owe me-"

"Oh do I?"

"Yeah, you really think you won that match?"

"Oh, Parker, bullsh-"

"I could hear your breathing from a mile away."

But today was different, and he wasn't as playful as he used to be- and he refused the pudding cup. Who the hell does that? Certainly not Peter Parker. And that was terrifying Elenora.

Spanish class was the point when Y/m truly knew something had to be done.

You see, Spanish was the last class of that day for the two Junior Avengers, and usually it was filled with snide comments from the both of them and daydreaming about a nap, but today was different. Peter didn't pick on their teacher's hair or ask if she had any snacks in her backpack (Bucky and Steve always snuck them in any compartments they could find because they weren't convinced that Stark would remember to feed her after training).

All that Peter did today was sigh and grit his teeth at random points of the lesson, and it was really confusing Elenora to the point she felt as if she didn't ask what was going on, she'd scream. Careful not to catch the attention of her teacher, Elenora tugged Peter's notebook and few inches towards her, and as he stared at her quizzically, she scribbled a few words.

Are you okay?

Okay, yes, it was extremely cliche and the absolute worst way to try to get a person to open up- but Elenora didn't think about anything other than Peter's well being and was certainly not worried about seeming average.